User-agent: Googlebot-Blog Disallow: / >

My Year of Meaningful (2011)

"Quality takes you out of yourself, makes you aware of the world around you." - R.M. Pirsig


Why? Why! Whyyyy!?

Why does my FIL have to be such a $%&#!???

I feel sorry for The Mr. because he has to entertain these people more than I do, and by that I mean they basically just want to talk to him and fawn over him and be served by him and have all their questions entertained by him... kinda lets me off the hook, but by the same token, that's just not how we normally roll. It's hard. Know what else is hard? Know-it-alls and over-analysers, and people who take vacations to english-speaking countries and then proceed to speak to Botswana-born waitresses, etc, in european languages. riiiiiiiiiight. lemme know how that works for you.

The longer I'm around my MIL, the more I can appreciate the person that she is, the more that I can have sympathy for her and feel sensitive to even the things she does that make me want to throttle something/someone.

I suppose in the spirit of the QSI I should stop right there and move on with my life, but can I just say one big, private

AAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

while I'm here? I won't feel sorry for myself. I will just persevere!!!

OK, with that out of the way...

I am struggling to finish this giant report at work. It's been weighing on my soul for so long now, and I'm kind of on the downward slope, but that just makes it even harder to finish. Staying at home and working from there a few days last week and the one before helped a bit, because let's face it, I'm way more productive outside of the office. But I still have that "just barely keeping up" feeling in general. Again we're back to the inherent fact that I DONT LIKE MY JOB, but yes, I know I like it MORE when I'm being diligent and getting things done. And listening to music and turning off the internet, etc. None of which I've been doing lately (well, the music because I currently need to be WRITING, which I can't do at the same time) because I'm out of my inspiration-rut. When I find myself uninspired about work, it's normally because I've hit a rough patch where I'm distracted and not performing well.

I also need to dig my heels into my studies. I have 2 assignments that I havent even started and I neeeeeeeeeeed tooooooo.

Why am I such a slacker!!?? I'll tell ya why:

1. Moving
2. New toy
3. Tired
4. Inlaws
5. Other visitors
6. Life

I have a relaxing koi pond on my iPhone. WT....????

OK right so the inlaws got put on a plane yesterday to go up to the Chobe/Vic Falls for a week. So the next 4 days are "alone time" for me and The Mr. [huge sigh of relief]. Tonight after climbing K-hill and towelling off, we will go have a salad or something light at M&B and then go see "He's Just Not That Into You". Yea! Boston Legal is over now, so no reason to not use Monday Nights to our advantage :) They're back (the ILs) on friday. At which point we will be going away for the weekend together. Have mercy it better be one of those last-minute-luxury-lodge deals so at least I feel like I'm getting something out of it. Have mercy, again I say have mercy.

Labels: , ,

0 Responses to “Why? Why! Whyyyy!?”

Post a Comment



© 2006