User-agent: Googlebot-Blog Disallow: / >

My Year of Meaningful (2011)

"Quality takes you out of yourself, makes you aware of the world around you." - R.M. Pirsig


Countdown to Easter Hols

WOO HOO! Only a 2-day work week for me this week.

And boy howdy do I deserve it, having just finished my DEADLINE EXTRAORDINAIRE last week. I dumped my ginormous 380 page EIA document on the desk of the client, happily, the week before everyone will be pissing off for easter... HA! So that buys me a bunch of time while he attempts to get himself (and his 5 or whatever bosses) to read every word and review it... (over easter? yeah RIGHT!) and I can carry on with my trip and wash my hands clean of it at least til I get back and he's finished with his review.

OK! So I have other things weighing on my mind, but now they're not so big and bad (yea!).

  1. Menu Planning
  2. Water and diesel planning/logistics (middle of the Kgalagadi = no shops or fuel)
  3. Packing
  4. How to feed our buddy Alan for 7 days when he eats the equivalent of his body weight at every meal
  5. Writing notes for Eric (housesitter)
  6. The Animal Peeps Annual General Meeting where a bunch of rich old white ladies are going to attempt a coup and try to overthrow our existing committee (yes! it's insanity!)
  7. The fact that I have to turn in THREE assignment plans when we get back from the bush, and I haven't yet started them.
  8. The Namibia Project (more on this later)

As far as menus go, I see it like this: We've got 6 dinners to deal with, 7 lunches, and about the same amount of breakfasts. AND I don't want to gain any weight, AND space in the truck fridge is a VERY precious commodity, as it only runs when we're driving, so freezing will not *really* be an option, although certain meats stay frozen longer than others, etc. (the answer there, is, by the by, that you eat all your tinned foods towards the end of the week, and all your fresh foods at the beginning. It's not rocket science, but still, there's planning involved)

Anyway, my 6 dinners:

  1. Braai
  2. Lamb neck potjie stew
  3. Potjie chilli & bread in a pot
  4. Broccoli & rice potjie casserole w/ bacon
  5. tuna pasta
  6. spaghetti

Lunches =

Toasted sandwiches in my campfire sandwich toaster, hotdogs, beans, etc

Breakfasts =

rusks, coffee, ziploc bag omelets, cereal, maybe pancakes (depending on how long the eggs last)

OK enough blogging for now.

2 Responses to “Countdown to Easter Hols”

  1. # Anonymous Anonymous

    How about some baked chicken?  

  2. # Blogger mamakohl

    Ziplock omelettes? Must tell me how now!  

Post a Comment



© 2006