User-agent: Googlebot-Blog Disallow: / >

My Year of Meaningful (2011)

"Quality takes you out of yourself, makes you aware of the world around you." - R.M. Pirsig


from the depths of the cave

I am in a cave!

I can't see the way out!

Help!

And by "cave", I mean a black hole, and by "black hole" I mean a mess, and by "mess" I mean I AM NOT A HAPPY CAMPER!!!

I am getting it from all sides again - work, school, Animal Peeps newsletter, volunteerism, friends, non-friends, clients, the whole lot.

Maybe I'm going about this all back-asswards... maybe what I *NEED* is a cave. Only not one that sees me being sucked dry of all my spare time and sanity, maybe I just need to go and FIND a cave, a real one - not a metaphor-for-"mess" one... more like one of the granite variety.

In the meantime, just to top all the madness off, I have to squeeze some more time-blood out of the time-stone to start playing viola again. I'll admit after years of nothing but banjo strings under my fingers, borrowing that little old lady's instrument and playing a few tunes at her place the other day, gave me chills and an adrenaline rush. I couldn't believe my eyes as they rushed over the notes and my fingers knew EXACTLY where to go (well mostly). I really have to practice to get my game back, so I can play this Dvorak string quartet that they want to do, but I'm willing to give it a go. If the inspiration sinks its teeth into me successfully, I would consider having the 'rents pack up my old boy (currently collecting dust at their place) and sending him down, so this old bird (we'll call her Frau Meister, or maybe FM) can have hers back & relax a bit. God knows she was crazy-texting me after I left going "you know not to ever leave it in the car, right???"

Labels:

0 Responses to “from the depths of the cave”

Post a Comment



© 2006