User-agent: Googlebot-Blog Disallow: / >

My Year of Meaningful (2011)

"Quality takes you out of yourself, makes you aware of the world around you." - R.M. Pirsig


It'll All Work Out

I just love autumn so much and it there is NO good reason for it, but it always makes me just look around and take stock. I'm sure a lot of people do that in spring, what with "the season of rebirth" and all, but for me it's gotta be the beautiful weather and jaw-dropping beauty of my favourite part of the year that makes me get all thoughtful and whatnot.

Everything just seems to be in its place now, everything feeling like where it should be: I've just finished climbing a giant Kilimanjaro at work that has been weighing on my conscience and shoulders since well before Xmas... the Mr. and I are moving on to making new friends after the old ones have left... the Animal Peeps have a new committee with fresh energy and less aggro on board... one of my BFFs has a new relationship that makes him happy and brings out the best in him and is introducing him to the concept of POSITIVE... one of my other BFFs who had a hard winter is back on track with her man and not only seeing the Lovin' In her Baby's Eyes but also feeling the love of all the people who worship her, from that Greatest Ego-Booster of All Time that is The-FB-Wall-on-Your-Birthday (and I know from experience how big a case of the happies that induces! Love seeing my friends get it too)... another one of my peeps-of-the-heart has a smoke-free hubby in the works, one of her life dreams being realized... my new dog plays fetch like a champion (and we only just figured this out)... my new house is awesome and feels like HOME... Podgey got a J-O-B in his new land of residence and WILL BE OK even though it's only 3 months to start with, it's a real J-O-B... I am pretty much OWNING fitness at the moment, my new crock-pot is the answer to all my prayers in terms of new kitchen inspiration after a long dry spell, and hey, if I can't be in Memphis, at least I can make slow-cooked Memphis-style shredded pork shoulder BBQ sandwiches with cole slaw. With a side order of Taj Mahal - I dusted off the old man after (how many years?) of ignoring him, and lo and behold he still rocks my world and puts a smile on my face when I wasn't intending on one being there. Have been listening to his "Maestro" album this week and I don't know what kinda power the Taj has over me, but who needs Prozac, really, when you've got Mr. Mahal.... not many artists can make you happy by singing the blues... I think it's because most of TM's blues singin' on that album is actually about love and lovely things. No one dies, no one gets dumped, and hell, Los Lobos and Ziggy Marley make appearances. And of course The Mr. is at his all time peak of lovableness. I just want to eat him up right now because he's just the best. I don't even know how to describe it other than being married to him gave me the first opportunity to ever use the word "blessed" in a sentence, with an actual understanding of what the definition of that over-used and under-appreciated word is.

Ah, friends, food, dogs, exercise, autumn, love, the blues... REALLY DOES IT GET ANY BETTER?

of course it does! and I know that! and it will! But for now, I just had Tom Petty's "It'll All Work Out" in my head, and even though he writes it as a forlorn tune about unrequited love (always my favourite rock n' roll song topic), but the main text is the point: "That's the way it goes, It'll all work out".

"Now the wind is high, and the rain is heavy
And the water's risin' in the levee
Still I think of her, when the sun goes down
It never goes away, but it all works out..."

I'm out. Happy friday!

Labels: ,

1 Responses to “It'll All Work Out”

  1. # Anonymous Anonymous

    Fortuna has been passive with me. That's fine, Fortuna. Actually I thought that a Fortuna was some kind of a car.  

Post a Comment



© 2006