User-agent: Googlebot-Blog Disallow: / >

My Year of Meaningful (2011)

"Quality takes you out of yourself, makes you aware of the world around you." - R.M. Pirsig


Yeah Fortuna can eat me

In an amazing trans-continental coincidence, at the exact same time Bella in Houston is riding Fortuna's Wheel of Fortune and getting glorious life bonuses on one day and a giant burning stake-in-the-ass the next, so am I!

I couldn't have been on a better high on Friday, only to realize that as soon as Fortuna giveth, she taketh away like the big ol' hoe bag that she is. Agh!

It's been such a roller coaster ride over the last few days I can't even remember what happened when but hey that's the way it goes, and it'll all work out. Eventually. I'm just in a madcap adventure at the moment and it feels a lot like a ride on the Timber Wolf (Six Flags? Worlds of Fun? I can't remember)

Good things include: Joining the local HHH Kennel here. The running club I mentioned last time. It was a hella good time on sunday - we did a great 5km or so run through the bush, and the peeps in the club are friendly and fun and there were even a couple of Swedes who are about our age and chatted to us a lot. It's a really international crowd, and everyone was super nice. An excellent way to spend a late sunday morning overall. Then there was also the DELICIOUS pulled pork that I made in my new addiction: the crock pot, which I made so much of we ended up making 4 entire meals out of. And there was the shopping trip that yielded me a new pair of hiking shoes and a few new shirts (I hate clothes shopping) for winter.

Bad things include: Forgetting my shoes and missing out on the Friday workout that always makes me happy, and starts out my weekend just right. Or going to a new restaurant instead and having the worst (and most expensive - highway robbery expensive) meal EVER. Or, in general, just being spiritually beat down in general around every corner. Like having uh, friends (?) who continually think it's cool and ever so useful to diss on your family members to you and make sure you know that they are pathetic, desperate fools who aren't worth wasting their genius and perfection on. Why is it that I seem to be surrounded by people at the moment who can't seem to get it through their heads that there's this THING that should act as a filter between your brain and your lips. I dont know what it's called, but it's the thing that asks you "is what you're about to say going to HELP the situation, or is it going to make someone feel like SHIT?" "is what you're about to say going to make people feel GOOD, or will it make them feel BAD?" "is what you're about to say going to make you sound COOL and AWESOME, or is it going to make you sound like an insensitive JerK?" "can what you're about to say be classified as POSITIVE or NEGATIVE?" Oh, that's right it's called a "Conscience". Or maybe it's "basic human empathy". Who knows!? It's not just one thing, it's everywhere, all around me at the moment. And after spending the last 10 or so months making it clear to people that I am trying to bring more QUALITY and less AGGRO in my life, more "good person" less "bitchy negative person who likes other people to perpetually diss on people she cares about" but I guess the vibes I'm sending out are just not working. I seem to be becoming a magnet for this stuff. Then there's the extra 2kg I picked up BECAUSE the pork was so delicious (AGH!). There was a random bizarre wave of homesickness (maybe I should stop that BBQ making...?) Then there was the 3 assignments I'm losing time on that I was supposed to be slaving away on, but was too busy to go near. Then there was the 3 nights in a row where Jock pees in the house on my most prized home interior possession (he is now sleeping outside!). Then there was missing out on 2 workouts due to being too busy at work. UGH! And if I ain't worked out, aint nobody happy.

Well ok so now I have a lot more positive credits for Fortuna than negative ones, as everything seems to be a bit out of balance. That's good. That means that only good things can happen to me now. And if they don't, I'll just have to kill someone and take their soul.

0 Responses to “Yeah Fortuna can eat me”

Post a Comment



© 2006