User-agent: Googlebot-Blog Disallow: / >

My Year of Meaningful (2011)

"Quality takes you out of yourself, makes you aware of the world around you." - R.M. Pirsig


I draw the line at parents, aunts & uncles, and Mafia Wars!

Why is everyone on the FB so obsessed with recruiting me for their mafia!? Can't they just play Word Twist with me instead?

Anyhoo, the HHH Xmas in June was great this wknd. OK I am probably still suffering from my wham-bam hangover to this day (3 days later) but it was worth it! And myself and long tall swedish boy made a great Family Claus, I reckon. We got lots of compliments anyway and the Mr. said I pulled it off without being "too slutty", so I'll take that! Hell yeah! What with me feeling so bloody old these days, one needs these sort of opportunities to ham it up every once in awhile and be able to jump on a few laps. Hopefully the photos will come around soon.

Sunday I had a pretty good practice session with the grannies too. Our Dvorak is getting there, and now we're starting a Beethoven (great, something ELSE to practice!! agh!!) but overall I'm not sucking. Frau Meister still shoots me the odd greasy every now and then like "WHO ARE YOU TO NOT BE PRACTICING 2 HOURS EVERY DAY!!??"

I would really like more of my overseas friends to use Skype!! Ever since the Mr. got his new laptop, there is a computer open and a network connection up and running all the time - which means it would actually be natural to just pick up the "headset" and make phone calls more often, if anyone would actually be on the other end of the line! At the moment it's only J & the Mominator who are on there, and it's so frustrating! Our landline is just impractical and stupid because you have to use these idiotic phone cards which only come in incriments of P20, which gets me what, 10 minutes to the US? Oh, and you can't charge it up with all the phone cards at once... AND there is no stupid lady who comes on and says "you have 2 minutes remaining".... oh no, that would be way too practical. Instead they just cut you off! MFers!! I mean, at LEAST come up with a P100 phone card... or at least let me build up a balance of 10 x 20P phone cards...

what's REALLY annoying is that you have to use these damned phone cards even to make a local call, b/c my landlord has installed only pay-as-you-go landlines in all the houses.... so even if I want to ring my next door neighbour, I have to type in 40000 numbers every time I pick up the phone. grumble.

It is freezing fricking cold here!! brrrrr...

My dog is wearing a coat!!

3 Responses to “I draw the line at parents, aunts & uncles, and Mafia Wars!”

  1. # Anonymous Anonymous

    My dog is snouter than your dog.  

  2. # Blogger Adela c/s

    I gotta play Word Twist with you, you gotta play Mafia Wars with me. Friendship is give and take baby, give and take! :-) (I resisted MW for months but finally gave in to it. It's the only computer "game" I like to play!) And as far as Skype goes, you know I still don't own a computer. Feel free to contribute to the Steve/Adela home computer/Internet fund if you feel so strongly about it, otherwise thank you for directing your Skype bitching at your lazy ass friends that have Internet and computers and therefore have no excuse!  

  3. # Blogger Oh Wayward One

    OK for the record then I am hereby directing it at PETE & Gabby!!!  

Post a Comment



© 2006