User-agent: Googlebot-Blog Disallow: / >

My Year of Meaningful (2011)

"Quality takes you out of yourself, makes you aware of the world around you." - R.M. Pirsig


It is I, Slutty Mrs. Claus!

You KNOW how much I hate the Gov't Department I had to give a presentation to, yesterday. So I won't dwell on that but let's just say IT MAKES ME WANT TO START CUTTIN' BITCHES in a bad way. Especially the SENIOR INDIVIDUAL in a position of power in the DEPARTMENT of the ENVIRONMENT, who blatantly litters right in front of his protegees (and environmental consultants)... and is rude... and is a jerk... anyway. Oh but lest I not forget to mention how when we were organizing this meeting, they said it would be a 2-hour gig. Well that 2-hour estimate turned out to be 4 hours, and then these f-sticks have the nerve to come up to me and ask if *I* organized LUNCH for THEM!?!? CLOWNS!!! HELL no I ain't buyin you and your half a dozen 20-something year old foot soldiers who just raked me over the coals and then bluffed their way into forcing me to do more work a free lunch!!

I'm just glad it's over. And another thing, I wouldn't be able to survive these things if it weren't for The Mr.! Not only is he a good supporting force before and after, but he is stellar at these things and we make a good team during these things... I get up and do my PowerPoint Wizardry and give the whole 9-yard-spiel, you know, captivating the audience and blowing their minds with my analytical data stylings. Then he fields the questions, comments, and criticisms with his smooth-talking and diplomacy as sweet as strawberry wine. I am not allowed to do that... as in I don't allow it myself, nor would he allow me, as I will start FIGHTIN!! I mean I really can't stand these kids who just want to be seen to "make constructive suggestions and comments" to us professionals, in an effort to look big and powerful. It's such a THING around these parts... just like back in my old school days, it was always the kid who didn't read the whole book who made sure he raised his hand and piped up about the one thing he DID know about the story, in order to look like he'd done his homework. Well, yeah, it's EXACTLY like that. UGH!

So anyway, at least my dear sweet husband has a way of responding to these imbeciles in a levelheaded voice with smooth-talkin words like "we shall take your comments on board, you make a very good point, etc". I just start protesting. These IDIOTS! AGH! READ the DOCUMENT, then you might UNDERSTAND! And until then, don't BITCH about wanting to see BIGGER MAPS....!

In happier news, after that crap, the Mr. and I celebrated by going to the Deli for a delicious lunch and chilli chocolate cake and cappuccino thereafter.

I can't believe I didnt write anything all week - it was just too busy around these parts. Last weekend was great, we had a fun time with the Cs on friday and the Ks on Saturday, and then sunday the neighbourhood BBQ was pretty ok... there was Lite beer and wine in a box, extremely over-done meat and some salads, but it was good to meet everybody. I found out I have 1 semi-redneck Belgian boy neighbour, a nice Indian couple who we talked cricket with (& who invited us over for authentic south-Indian cooking some night soon), some funny British chaps, and a crazy South African artist. There were others, but I either already knew them or can't remember them now. It was unfortunate to have to miss the Hash for it, but it was fun.

I meant to make a bunch of catch-up phone calls this weekend but didnt get around to it, we were so busy. There was hardly time for anything else, so it went by too fast and then was followed by a too-busy week. But I managed to squeeze a Brandon call in on the way home from yoga on monday, and even managed to use a good old BW-traffic jam to my advantage and ring Adelly on wednesday... there may be some fallout from my cellphone bill in return, once the Mr. gets a hold of it, but c'est la vie I gotta do some improvement on the friendship maintenance side of things.

This weekend is Hashmas (the HHH Christmas-in-June thingy) and I have just returned from thrift-shopping for my Slutty Mrs. Claus look. The red top I wanted only came in M instead of S, but I'll make it work somehow. There will be a lot of tweaking and fudging going on tonight to try and make something out of nothing, but these things always come right.

Then sunday we are going over to our old neighbours' for lunch and I am heading straight over to the old ladies for quartet practice. I am currently working on figuring out how to get my own viola over here from the States. It would help if some of my friends would come and VISIT me from that side, so they could help a girl out here!

0 Responses to “It is I, Slutty Mrs. Claus!”

Post a Comment



© 2006