Isnt it female chemistry amazing???
It never ceases to amaze me how you put 2 females together in a room, I dont care, with people, without people, whatever, but just TOGETHER IN A ROOM... and somehow, they'll know without even so much as spending more than 2 minutes together, if they're "compatible"!!
I swear I'm more tuned into this than ever, in my 30s. When I was younger I would've dismissed that as a totally rude and judgemental notion about girls - but now that I think back, I can safely say that I'm not actually friends with anyone whom I would've gotten a bad "girl vibe" from, on the first time I met them. OK some of those chicks might be in my extended social circle, sure, but as far as real friends of the female persuasion go, all mine are people who I DIDNT have the same experience I had last week at our old friends' place for lunch...
...they are always trying to "set us up" with other "young people" (which is really funny - it would make good sitcom fodder, actually, the people they "select" for us to become friends with.... just because they're in our age group). This wasn't the first "set up" lunch we've had with them - they're older than my own parents, by the way. You know how there's always some story line in a comedy or tv show where some white couple has a black friend or a Hispanic friend and so they try to set their buddy up with "this girl you'll have soooo much in common with... after all, she's black/Hispanic too!" and she turns out to be a raging nutjob bunny-boiler??
Well so anyway this english chick only just had to walk into the room and say 3 sentences and I already knew this was not a love match. But it still has me thinking about it weeks later. It's not that she said/did anything WRONG, it's just the vibe wafting in the air about her was all wrong. Whatever it was that she was sending out, it was just screaming "WE (as in me & her) would not work". Even though she talked about going to the rugby. Even though she is interested in wildlife. Even though she's an expat. Even though we're the same age. It just wouldn't be right. Amazing.
Now it's got me thinking about a couple gals in the Animal Peeps that would be similar situations. Hmmm... speaking volumes to myself.... nevermind.
OH! I'm also not saying that it's not overcome-able. I'm not saying that (let's call one "+" and one "-" just for argument's sake... even though in science that would mean they attract instead of repel each other, but nevertheless) Girl + and Girl - cant eventually become friends and hang together and have a perfectly amicable relationship! I'm just saying it will never be the REAL DEAL. Like they're never going to be catfight-free, and they'll probably never have that genuine love for each other that they would've had if the vibes had been right. Like I said, I have lots of anti-me girls in my life, but I know that the catty-factor between us is a lot higher than me with my real friends. And I know that I would never 100% trust them, or trust that they would trust me 100% and so on. And why should they!? It's those chicks that I am probably thinking in my head "jeez, I'm glad my brother isn't dating THAT cow!".... because deep down, that's how it was always gonna be. Based on information transmitted through the air waves from the first day the introduction was even made. Amazing.
I don't think that happens with guys. That's all I'm sayin.
It never ceases to amaze me how you put 2 females together in a room, I dont care, with people, without people, whatever, but just TOGETHER IN A ROOM... and somehow, they'll know without even so much as spending more than 2 minutes together, if they're "compatible"!!
I swear I'm more tuned into this than ever, in my 30s. When I was younger I would've dismissed that as a totally rude and judgemental notion about girls - but now that I think back, I can safely say that I'm not actually friends with anyone whom I would've gotten a bad "girl vibe" from, on the first time I met them. OK some of those chicks might be in my extended social circle, sure, but as far as real friends of the female persuasion go, all mine are people who I DIDNT have the same experience I had last week at our old friends' place for lunch...
...they are always trying to "set us up" with other "young people" (which is really funny - it would make good sitcom fodder, actually, the people they "select" for us to become friends with.... just because they're in our age group). This wasn't the first "set up" lunch we've had with them - they're older than my own parents, by the way. You know how there's always some story line in a comedy or tv show where some white couple has a black friend or a Hispanic friend and so they try to set their buddy up with "this girl you'll have soooo much in common with... after all, she's black/Hispanic too!" and she turns out to be a raging nutjob bunny-boiler??
Well so anyway this english chick only just had to walk into the room and say 3 sentences and I already knew this was not a love match. But it still has me thinking about it weeks later. It's not that she said/did anything WRONG, it's just the vibe wafting in the air about her was all wrong. Whatever it was that she was sending out, it was just screaming "WE (as in me & her) would not work". Even though she talked about going to the rugby. Even though she is interested in wildlife. Even though she's an expat. Even though we're the same age. It just wouldn't be right. Amazing.
Now it's got me thinking about a couple gals in the Animal Peeps that would be similar situations. Hmmm... speaking volumes to myself.... nevermind.
OH! I'm also not saying that it's not overcome-able. I'm not saying that (let's call one "+" and one "-" just for argument's sake... even though in science that would mean they attract instead of repel each other, but nevertheless) Girl + and Girl - cant eventually become friends and hang together and have a perfectly amicable relationship! I'm just saying it will never be the REAL DEAL. Like they're never going to be catfight-free, and they'll probably never have that genuine love for each other that they would've had if the vibes had been right. Like I said, I have lots of anti-me girls in my life, but I know that the catty-factor between us is a lot higher than me with my real friends. And I know that I would never 100% trust them, or trust that they would trust me 100% and so on. And why should they!? It's those chicks that I am probably thinking in my head "jeez, I'm glad my brother isn't dating THAT cow!".... because deep down, that's how it was always gonna be. Based on information transmitted through the air waves from the first day the introduction was even made. Amazing.
I don't think that happens with guys. That's all I'm sayin.
Bunny Boiler? Har Har! Beagley Bassity Beagley Bassity. My dog seems to have a good people sense too. Maybe you are part beagley bassity.