a minor detail i may have neglected to mention...
2 Comments Published by Oh Wayward One on 18 July 2009 at 7/18/2009 09:42:00 am.
Soooo, keeping in mind this will only be read by the miniscule handful of people that
A) I truly care about, &
B) are silly enough & lacking better judgement than to read the nonsense that I spew here...
I figured I might as well blow the lid on this teeny little item I keep meaning to mention- that being as of yesterday The Mr. & I brought home with us (and by "home" I mean our lovely self-catering holiday apartment in Windhoek) our new little daughter... :)
It's a true story, a few months long, but one best saved for emails & phone calls etc and likely further blogging extravaganzas, but Im typing this on my damn iphone and it's not only tedious and time consuming but my patience is only so good after having to get up and feed Her Majesty at the butt ass crack of dawn! Hello parenthood!! So in the meanwhile the basics are sort of along these lines: she's 3 months old. She's hella cute. We got the call from the social worker on Wednesday (just after i booked our tickets to CapeTown, naturally), were in the car by Thurs morning, here by 10pm (after leaving a wake of fire behind us on the Trans-Kalahari Hiway) and had her in our flat by 11am Friday. Talk about baptism by fire! She has a great personality and will definitely be a real trooper. She was found by a cop in a dry river bed on April3, so that will be her birthday. They reckon she wasnt more than 24 hrs old. She was nekkid & weighed only 1.5kg/4lbs. So she spent her first 3 months in a hospital while they ran all the tests and did a criminal investigation. On the day the hospital said "we gotta cut this kid loose now, she cant just live here", we got the call. So anyway the temporary adoption order is through and now we just sit here and wait for the big paperwork to be done, and her passport. Then it's back to BW, and on with life!
Sooo, although this is super huge it's weird telling people bc we had kept it kinda hush-like since after we decided to do The Thing, we didnt really know where it would take us and when... So I got about 4 Wks of sittin here in Windhoek to start coming up with creative ways to freak friends & family out when dropping the bomb. This is attempt No.1.
Sooo yeah... I promise not to turn this into a baby blog and post nothing but photos of all things from the Diaper Kingdom. But once we get the wi-fi in this place up and running I'll do something about proving that this is not just a delayed April Fools.
In the meantime, my cellphone & email still works and we are kinda bamboozled & dazed!! Feel free to remind us we are COMPLETELY NUTS.
As you were.
A) I truly care about, &
B) are silly enough & lacking better judgement than to read the nonsense that I spew here...
I figured I might as well blow the lid on this teeny little item I keep meaning to mention- that being as of yesterday The Mr. & I brought home with us (and by "home" I mean our lovely self-catering holiday apartment in Windhoek) our new little
It's a true story, a few months long, but one best saved for emails & phone calls etc and likely further blogging extravaganzas, but Im typing this on my damn iphone and it's not only tedious and time consuming but my patience is only so good after having to get up and feed Her Majesty at the butt ass crack of dawn! Hello parenthood!! So in the meanwhile the basics are sort of along these lines: she's 3 months old. She's hella cute. We got the call from the social worker on Wednesday (just after i booked our tickets to CapeTown, naturally), were in the car by Thurs morning, here by 10pm (after leaving a wake of fire behind us on the Trans-Kalahari Hiway) and had her in our flat by 11am Friday. Talk about baptism by fire! She has a great personality and will definitely be a real trooper. She was found by a cop in a dry river bed on April3, so that will be her birthday. They reckon she wasnt more than 24 hrs old. She was nekkid & weighed only 1.5kg/4lbs. So she spent her first 3 months in a hospital while they ran all the tests and did a criminal investigation. On the day the hospital said "we gotta cut this kid loose now, she cant just live here", we got the call. So anyway the temporary adoption order is through and now we just sit here and wait for the big paperwork to be done, and her passport. Then it's back to BW, and on with life!
Sooo, although this is super huge it's weird telling people bc we had kept it kinda hush-like since after we decided to do The Thing, we didnt really know where it would take us and when... So I got about 4 Wks of sittin here in Windhoek to start coming up with creative ways to freak friends & family out when dropping the bomb. This is attempt No.1.
Sooo yeah... I promise not to turn this into a baby blog and post nothing but photos of all things from the Diaper Kingdom. But once we get the wi-fi in this place up and running I'll do something about proving that this is not just a delayed April Fools.
In the meantime, my cellphone & email still works and we are kinda bamboozled & dazed!! Feel free to remind us we are COMPLETELY NUTS.
As you were.
I am so incredibly proud of you.
Congratulations!! ;-) I am thrilled for the three of you!