Damn illegal aliens...
1 Comments Published by Oh Wayward One on 31 August 2009 at 8/31/2009 03:02:00 pm.
This blasted baby of mine still gots no passport, DAMMIT!
I am not cool with this at all because it is still preventing me from booking my Australia tickets, and that is giving me the fits because the longer we wait the more expensive they're getting, and the closer I get to missing A&T's wedding!! AGHHHHHHHH!
Nevertheless, Social Worker assures me it's nearly done and we just have to be patient. Whatever. In the meantime I just have to keep hiding from the cops and the BW Defence Force cuz she's an alien!!
In the meantime though, I'm promised that 2 of my BFFs are coming to visit next year (Hawt diggity!) so that's something to look forward to, and yes, it feels like the next great thing to look forward to is THAT far away because my last semester is starting tomorrow and it's one of those semesters where I'm going to have to take exams and GAH I hate that. If I could I'd just skip summer altogether this year.
I'm somewhat sad because I know xmas is going to be in BW this year and if there's one thing that SUCKS it's a BW xmas. All my friends fly the coop and the town goes dead and it's smokin hot and nay not just so-hot-ye-cant-sleep, but more like even-too-hot-to-go-camping-hot. I would much rather be trapsing through the snow in the N.Hemisph singing "Jingle Bells" and drinking eggnog and watching NFL games in the dark, than hiding from the blistering sun in a ghost town with no christmas spirit whatsoever...
OK but enough of all that Oh-Poor-Me crap, I have a brand new office chair and it's quite comfy, a new podcast of TAL waiting to be downloaded, and a leftover container of baba ghanouj sitting next to me with a few crackers and the feeling of post-lunch-gym-workout hanging in my aura. not so bad.
Ally was up this past week for about 5 days. I taught him how to change cloth diapers & operate the world's most cumbersome carseat. We went to the First Ever Farmers' Market, brought him along on the Hash, and had a braai, and did some other stuff. It was semi-pleasant.
I need a haircut.
I have to go to Jr. + Mma Finance's wedding this weekend.
They're having it at the game reserve & you can't drive your own vehicle so we will effectively be trapped there all night.
I love John Prine.
My landlord brought me a giant sack of fresh oysters from Cape Town.
I love being a Hasher.
Did I mention I REALLY don't want to go to that wedding...?
Sometimes I consider moving to Houston.
But then I think of Virginiaahhhh.
I am not cool with this at all because it is still preventing me from booking my Australia tickets, and that is giving me the fits because the longer we wait the more expensive they're getting, and the closer I get to missing A&T's wedding!! AGHHHHHHHH!
Nevertheless, Social Worker assures me it's nearly done and we just have to be patient. Whatever. In the meantime I just have to keep hiding from the cops and the BW Defence Force cuz she's an alien!!
In the meantime though, I'm promised that 2 of my BFFs are coming to visit next year (Hawt diggity!) so that's something to look forward to, and yes, it feels like the next great thing to look forward to is THAT far away because my last semester is starting tomorrow and it's one of those semesters where I'm going to have to take exams and GAH I hate that. If I could I'd just skip summer altogether this year.
I'm somewhat sad because I know xmas is going to be in BW this year and if there's one thing that SUCKS it's a BW xmas. All my friends fly the coop and the town goes dead and it's smokin hot and nay not just so-hot-ye-cant-sleep, but more like even-too-hot-to-go-camping-hot. I would much rather be trapsing through the snow in the N.Hemisph singing "Jingle Bells" and drinking eggnog and watching NFL games in the dark, than hiding from the blistering sun in a ghost town with no christmas spirit whatsoever...
OK but enough of all that Oh-Poor-Me crap, I have a brand new office chair and it's quite comfy, a new podcast of TAL waiting to be downloaded, and a leftover container of baba ghanouj sitting next to me with a few crackers and the feeling of post-lunch-gym-workout hanging in my aura. not so bad.
Ally was up this past week for about 5 days. I taught him how to change cloth diapers & operate the world's most cumbersome carseat. We went to the First Ever Farmers' Market, brought him along on the Hash, and had a braai, and did some other stuff. It was semi-pleasant.
I need a haircut.
I have to go to Jr. + Mma Finance's wedding this weekend.
They're having it at the game reserve & you can't drive your own vehicle so we will effectively be trapped there all night.
I love John Prine.
My landlord brought me a giant sack of fresh oysters from Cape Town.
I love being a Hasher.
Did I mention I REALLY don't want to go to that wedding...?
Sometimes I consider moving to Houston.
But then I think of Virginiaahhhh.
Houston: We got SOUL coming out of our very pores!!! And there is too much fun to be had here, always.