User-agent: Googlebot-Blog Disallow: / >

My Year of Meaningful (2011)

"Quality takes you out of yourself, makes you aware of the world around you." - R.M. Pirsig


Hostessing, Mostessing, double-Roastessing

Having a wee party today here, 1/2 Mr's b-day party, 1/2 "introducing the baby" party.

That means I'm too busy preparing food and drinks and cleaning up to be internetting right now.

But for some reason I am compelled to watch the rugby and play on the internet instead. Hmmm.

I'm making my famous Memphis-style pulled pork sangwidges with coleslaw, and potato salad, and a flourless chocolate cake that I've never tried before, for SC who is the glutenfree gal.  I know they say you shouldnt try things out on your guests, but hey I havent had a lot of time to organize this stuff.  How it works is that I whip out the ol' electric iPhone, go to my recipe-finder app., and search "gluten free".  Then it gives me a list and I pick the thing that takes the least amount of preparation time.  And voila!  We are having chickpea chocolate cake.  Wish me luck.

I hope it all goes well - we haven't had a big party in this house yet, I think the max we've had here at once was like 6...  so I'm not really sure how the bodies will flow and what space people will be moving to... back stoep?  Living room with all doors open?  Front?  The big flat rock?  Pool area?  All of the above?
It will be an experiment.  I am curious.

Crap, monkeys in the compost pile... I gotta go.

0 Responses to “Hostessing, Mostessing, double-Roastessing”

Post a Comment



© 2006