User-agent: Googlebot-Blog Disallow: / >

My Year of Meaningful (2011)

"Quality takes you out of yourself, makes you aware of the world around you." - R.M. Pirsig


DOUBLE BALLS!!!

Bollocks!!  And then some!!

OK so now it's just getting ridiculous - we just heard yesterday that the Namibians have decided that the Drool Machine can NOT be Namibian.  Fer frickin cryin out loud here, people!!!  First they accept her application, then they process it, then they decide "um, well, no, on second thought since she's already left the country with her non-NA parents, maybe we wont".  So they sent us back her birth cert and paperwork and everything via courier (well at least that was polite of them) and a big fat "find her another country"!  GAH!!

So now it's official:  no "easy way out" option anymore, we gotta run her through The Big Dogs (either mine or The Mr.'s people).  Great.  Maybe I'll travel internationally sometime before my 40th birthday....

BALLS!

Meanwhile, back at the ranch....

So my mindfulness class is great.  But it's hard.  In fact, it's killing me.  Not by being bad, but by alerting me to JUST EXACTLY HOW MUCH WORK I need to do up yonder in my own brain.  I had no idea how much clutter I'm packing up there.  Put it this way, if my body was a house right now, then my brain would be the kitchen sink and we've just had a dinner party for 30. Or, or, or... if my body was Missouri, then my brain would be the warshed-out trailer village in Knob Noster, alongside the west fork of the Current River. Oh, or FTW, if my body was the collection of all my worldly possessions, my brain would be my MP3 collection!

Anyway, I've got a big problem with mind chatter and overactive, fried circutry up there.  I need work.  I'm trying to do the work.  It's just that it takes time.  The brain is like any muscle - you can't develop it without working it out and BLAST IT if I don't have that time.  However I'm trying.  It's important for my sanity, relationship, work, quality of life, etc.  Trying to squeeze my 26 minutes of practice in somewhere between day and night.  Anywhere will do, but do you know how hard it is to find 26 minutes out here!?!?  Needle in a frickin HAYSTACK, people!!!

Now there are THREE more fundraisers for the Animal Peeps within the next month.  GOOD LORD could April get here any FASTER PLEASE?!!?  (the end of our tenure on the committee)

I finished my one assignment for school that I had to grovellingly get an extention on, but now I'm looking down the barrel of 2 more in November AND an exam in early December.

Can anyone come over here for xmas this year?  Seriously, the longer I have to go without travelling because of this baby passport crap, the more insane I'm going to go.  I'll bake a turkey.  Fer realz.  It'll be hotter'n hell and the swimming pool is clean.  I'll even throw in a pie or two.  Ughhhhhhhhhhhh.  I need someone to drink Bombay martinis with on the veranda.

1 Responses to “DOUBLE BALLS!!!”

  1. # Anonymous Anonymous

    I shall award you three beagley basseties of mindfulness. Very snoutful snoots, these basseties are.

    Did Adelly tell ya that I am going to visit with her on Nov 5ish? Yay! Beagley bassety is doing fine. She is pretending to be aleep on the bed but yet she keeps her eye and nose tuned in to my every move, I guess I am not to be trusted. - Peter S  

Post a Comment



© 2006