User-agent: Googlebot-Blog Disallow: / >

My Year of Meaningful (2011)

"Quality takes you out of yourself, makes you aware of the world around you." - R.M. Pirsig


Almost time to get outta here!!

It is crazy around here!!

I can't believe we're leaving on Saturday and there's still so much to do!
Work is crazy, organizing is crazy, it's all crazy! Crazy town over here!

I sent off my re-worked draft of my HORRIBLE thesis proposal which I feel HORRIBLE about because it is RUBBISH, but hey at least it's getting it off MY desk and into that HORRIBLE professor's. Ugh. I have a truly stinking, sinking feeling about this.

But anyway! I am outta here! On saturday morning we drive down to Jozi and hop on the ol' jet plane to Sydney. I got us a sweet deal on a hotel in a primo location for our one night in Sydney, have organized the long-awaited reunion with long-lost Botswana BFF Ubs, and logisti-fied everything with S&M for the next few days in Newcastle.

Then it's on to Darwin, a new pin in my map, for a few days with long-lost Aussie BFFs T&A (whose wedding we missed because of the Namibian Nonsense of Oh-Nine), then down to our old hometown in Melbyville for other long-lost Aussie BFF time with the H's and Fay & Bronnie and who knows what else.

Then home. Whirlwind, but necessary. I am looking really forward to it! AND I just started the new Dan Brown book, AND I'm gonna be surrounded by babysitters AND brining my running shoes which I will put to good use now that my ankle is better so that I can work off all the decadent FOOD AND WINE that we will be consuming for 2 weeks straight! WOO HOO!

Also good news in the doggy dpt, as The Rock (who was critically bitten by the spitting cobra he saved me from the other night right here on my veranda) is almost out of the woods, having been on a drip for the whole of the last day and a half. They just need to try giving him some food and then observe that his liver doesnt fail. Then the poor thing goes into kennels for 2 weeks, but at least that means on-site vet observation and controlled environment, so I'm not getting too up in arms about it. Honestly I'm just surprised he still has his sight, after all that venom spraying in his face. We think he was bitten on the tounge when "the near-fatal bite" occurred. I am so lucky my boy is so big and strong and pulled through this!!

Anyhoo, next blog will be from the ROAD! Wayheyyyy!

0 Responses to “Almost time to get outta here!!”

Post a Comment



© 2006