Ugggghhhhhhh.
My positive attitude and "do right" attitude has just taken a beating and I'm standing on the cliff looking over at the sea of negativitiy below just FORCING myself not to jump into it and wallow around for awhile!
This primarily stems from A) losing my gym bag with funky fresh running shoes and best Nike workout shirt & Addidas workout shorts ever. B) Having to deal with one MISS ATTITUUUDE on the phone just now. C) Facing the turmoil that surely awaits me at the US Embassy in relation to applying for LJJs visitor's visa for our impending trip back home (I suspect there will be turmoil based on the OTHER MISS ATTITUUUDE that I had to talk to on the phone today about it).
1) I only lost some gym clothes and a couple towels, not a purse or a wallet or anything of value (although those were damn awesome Nike+ running shoes)
2) MISS ATTITUUUDE No. 1's boss had to call and apologize to me in person because she had it ALL WRONG.
3) I don't really know for sure that the US Emb. is going to give me turmoil, I'm just guessing... and you know what they say about the bridge you have no business crossing til you get there.
Anyhoo, the weekend was pretty slick and enjoyable.
Here's what went down.
Thursday we left in the afternoon for PTA. Had a trouble-free drive down south listening to a FASCINATING book by Chris O'Dell. OMG I can't believe what a treasure chest of Rock N Roll history this is... all these little details that I never knew about some of my favourite rockers written by someone who was right in the middle of all of it during the 60's & 70's... I just listen to this with my jaw on the floor, in a combination of amazement and jealousy that *I* couldn't be the one living HER life... sleeping with Mick Jagger, inspiring songs by people like George Harrison and Leon Russell.... and OMG like the ONLY Joni Mitchell song that means ANYTHING to me ("Coyote" of course, strictly based on its presence in The Last Waltz)... sure I try to make it a habit to not envy other people's lives, but hell I'll admit it - I would'a loved to have been in her shoes. OK except for the fact that the drug addiction gives me the willies. But otherwise... I also find it amazing how meeting one person at one specific point in time in your life can totally and completely fabricate your destiny for you. Always a favourite topic of mine.
Right, so we got down to P-town and spent the night in a nice guesthouse close to the Embassy of The Mr. so that he could walk over for his 8am appointment the next day. Then our World Cup tickets were fetched, our flight tickets for June were fetched, and we headed over to Ma & Pa P. for lunch and a general catch-up. They hadn't met LJJ yet and we hadnt actually seen them in over a year(!!!)
It was a nice afternoon with them and we'll be seeing them again in a month, so after lunch we headed off to T&L who live between the P's and Uncle A., and had coffee with them and the younglings played around for an hour or so, and then we pushed off to Jozi to Uncle A. for the night. Where Daniel & Mrs Daniel (his friends who came up to our place with him for New Years' this year) were also hanging out, and we all ate chinese food and drank Uncle A's roommate's hooch and had a smashing good time until the wee hours.
Then Saturday The Mr. & I toook Uncle A's motorcycle out for a spin since it was so sunny and cool and pleasant, which gave us even more inspiration to get the damn Harley parts sorted out so we can get it on the road prontissimo. Then headed off to pick up some of said parts from the HD shoppe, where I also acquired a nice t-shirt that was sitting right next to the help desk (this is how I buy clothes - they literally have to throw themselves at me... I don't believe in wasting my time going out to look for THEM... which is why I still have jeans from 5 years ago and stuff from the 90s in my closet. Which also will prove to be a problem related to the above missing workout clothes... ughhhh). And then it was back up to G-city all the while listening to more Miss O'Dell.
Then Sunday was a nice hash and braai thereafter, a really lovely day in fact, and then not much else to report other than having a nice long skype conversation with the BFF, HG.
Other instances of note lately have been The Mr's slowly tapering fondness for our dear country of residence. He has had a lot of work problems lately and is being tested to the N'th degree in terms of patience and benevolance. I feel really bad for him, but at the same time it means that something is lingering in the undercurrent related to the next chapter in our life-to-be, which I am curious to learn more about. Not that I can see anything uprooting us any time soon, but the days of "no point in thinking about the future now, let's just enjoy the present" are quite possibly numbered. And this always gets me interested.
Oh yes, and aside from all that malarkey, I am altering my pushup regime for the coming months. Talking to the HG on sunday, she informed me that the true FBI style pushup actually includes "nose to the ground". Now, mind you in my current daily count of 50-at-a-time (i.e. the month of May) I am going pretty damn far down to the ground... I maintain I am truly doing a real, live "Man pushup" here.... but admittedly no touching-of-nose-to-floor. So I have decided to try that for June, which should also help curb the resentment that is slowly developing as each addition of 10 draws the required time out longer and longer. I'm at about the one minute mark now. Surely when I do the nose-touching, I won't be able to pull off 60 at once, so that will kinda set the clock back (so to speak) to about 30 or so, I'm wagering, and I'll just start from there.
OK thats all I got.
My positive attitude and "do right" attitude has just taken a beating and I'm standing on the cliff looking over at the sea of negativitiy below just FORCING myself not to jump into it and wallow around for awhile!
This primarily stems from A) losing my gym bag with funky fresh running shoes and best Nike workout shirt & Addidas workout shorts ever. B) Having to deal with one MISS ATTITUUUDE on the phone just now. C) Facing the turmoil that surely awaits me at the US Embassy in relation to applying for LJJs visitor's visa for our impending trip back home (I suspect there will be turmoil based on the OTHER MISS ATTITUUUDE that I had to talk to on the phone today about it).
I dont know why, but I just have this really, really bad feeling that something really, really bad is going to happen. -shudder-
1) I only lost some gym clothes and a couple towels, not a purse or a wallet or anything of value (although those were damn awesome Nike+ running shoes)
2) MISS ATTITUUUDE No. 1's boss had to call and apologize to me in person because she had it ALL WRONG.
3) I don't really know for sure that the US Emb. is going to give me turmoil, I'm just guessing... and you know what they say about the bridge you have no business crossing til you get there.
Anyhoo, the weekend was pretty slick and enjoyable.
Here's what went down.
Thursday we left in the afternoon for PTA. Had a trouble-free drive down south listening to a FASCINATING book by Chris O'Dell. OMG I can't believe what a treasure chest of Rock N Roll history this is... all these little details that I never knew about some of my favourite rockers written by someone who was right in the middle of all of it during the 60's & 70's... I just listen to this with my jaw on the floor, in a combination of amazement and jealousy that *I* couldn't be the one living HER life... sleeping with Mick Jagger, inspiring songs by people like George Harrison and Leon Russell.... and OMG like the ONLY Joni Mitchell song that means ANYTHING to me ("Coyote" of course, strictly based on its presence in The Last Waltz)... sure I try to make it a habit to not envy other people's lives, but hell I'll admit it - I would'a loved to have been in her shoes. OK except for the fact that the drug addiction gives me the willies. But otherwise... I also find it amazing how meeting one person at one specific point in time in your life can totally and completely fabricate your destiny for you. Always a favourite topic of mine.
Right, so we got down to P-town and spent the night in a nice guesthouse close to the Embassy of The Mr. so that he could walk over for his 8am appointment the next day. Then our World Cup tickets were fetched, our flight tickets for June were fetched, and we headed over to Ma & Pa P. for lunch and a general catch-up. They hadn't met LJJ yet and we hadnt actually seen them in over a year(!!!)
It was a nice afternoon with them and we'll be seeing them again in a month, so after lunch we headed off to T&L who live between the P's and Uncle A., and had coffee with them and the younglings played around for an hour or so, and then we pushed off to Jozi to Uncle A. for the night. Where Daniel & Mrs Daniel (his friends who came up to our place with him for New Years' this year) were also hanging out, and we all ate chinese food and drank Uncle A's roommate's hooch and had a smashing good time until the wee hours.
Then Saturday The Mr. & I toook Uncle A's motorcycle out for a spin since it was so sunny and cool and pleasant, which gave us even more inspiration to get the damn Harley parts sorted out so we can get it on the road prontissimo. Then headed off to pick up some of said parts from the HD shoppe, where I also acquired a nice t-shirt that was sitting right next to the help desk (this is how I buy clothes - they literally have to throw themselves at me... I don't believe in wasting my time going out to look for THEM... which is why I still have jeans from 5 years ago and stuff from the 90s in my closet. Which also will prove to be a problem related to the above missing workout clothes... ughhhh). And then it was back up to G-city all the while listening to more Miss O'Dell.
Then Sunday was a nice hash and braai thereafter, a really lovely day in fact, and then not much else to report other than having a nice long skype conversation with the BFF, HG.
Other instances of note lately have been The Mr's slowly tapering fondness for our dear country of residence. He has had a lot of work problems lately and is being tested to the N'th degree in terms of patience and benevolance. I feel really bad for him, but at the same time it means that something is lingering in the undercurrent related to the next chapter in our life-to-be, which I am curious to learn more about. Not that I can see anything uprooting us any time soon, but the days of "no point in thinking about the future now, let's just enjoy the present" are quite possibly numbered. And this always gets me interested.
Oh yes, and aside from all that malarkey, I am altering my pushup regime for the coming months. Talking to the HG on sunday, she informed me that the true FBI style pushup actually includes "nose to the ground". Now, mind you in my current daily count of 50-at-a-time (i.e. the month of May) I am going pretty damn far down to the ground... I maintain I am truly doing a real, live "Man pushup" here.... but admittedly no touching-of-nose-to-floor. So I have decided to try that for June, which should also help curb the resentment that is slowly developing as each addition of 10 draws the required time out longer and longer. I'm at about the one minute mark now. Surely when I do the nose-touching, I won't be able to pull off 60 at once, so that will kinda set the clock back (so to speak) to about 30 or so, I'm wagering, and I'll just start from there.
OK thats all I got.
Labels: books
When we did pushups in the academy we always had to do them "Navy SEAL" style, with one foot hooked over the other ankle. Try that.