What a freakin cop-out!!
1 Comments Published by Oh Wayward One on 18 May 2010 at 5/18/2010 01:22:00 pm.
OK so it is clear that I am SO annoyed about this whole Delta-Airlines-BS related to them (and apparently every other american airline besides Southwest) having the nerve to charge me big USD for each bag that we shall be packing and bringing along with us on our upcoming North American holiday. I was so mad when we found out as we were booking our tickets, that I composed the following "complaint letter" that I submitted on their complaints' desk section of their website:
"I have just given the go-ahead to our travel agent to make our booking for us, so this is a pre-emptive email, even though our payment hasn't even been processed yet, but I nevertheless feel the need to say something about my negative experiences already:
I am writing to report that after several days of planning my family's 4-week trip itenerary from Southern Africa to the USA to specifically AVOID any use of Delta Airlines (because of the horrible reputation Delta has gotten from many South African travellers using it for flights between Johannesburg & Atlanta, as well as my parents' handful of negative experiences on the same flight), I am left with no other choice (due to seat availability and connections) than to use Delta for our internal USA flights. We were able to get SAA to New York and back, luckily. However, imagine my disgust when I then find out you are going to charge my family and I (there are 3 of us) TWENTY FIVE US DOLLARS PER BAG that we check in, on every internal flight we take, throughout the duration of our holiday. Need I say more? Remember, there are 3 of us. We are taking 4 internal flights. Where is this coming from? No other country we have ever visited, nor any other airline, has ever exploited our patronage nor robbed us as blind as this trip will. Do you realize we will be spending African currency while we're away, and that extra $25.00 per person per bag PER FLIGHT adds no less than (depending on how uncomfortably we can manage to squeeze our daughters' clothing into hand luggage) $150.00 onto our grand total, which equals nearly P1,000.00 in our money - which is enough to buy an entire round-trip airfare to any number of destinations from where we live!!
Not only does Delta already have the reputation where we live of having the most rude and unhelpful staff of any American airline, bad food, lost luggage galore, etc. (we are used to airlines such as Virgin, South African, Singapore, Emirates, etc which are all known for their gracious and polite personnel), now we learn we're going to get financially punished for having the nerve to bring clothes along with us on our vacation to the other side of the world. I find this a very negative start to the trip already, and we haven't even left yet. Thanks."
Right, so I ticked the "yes, I would like to receive a response" button.... just out of curiosity to see what the hell kind of retort and excuse they would give me for this blatant exploitation of customer patronage....
And lo and behold yesterday I got my "response" in my inbox. Ready for the crap?
Dear (Me):
It was with extreme disappointment for us to receive an email such as yours, which contains details of circumstances that have caused you to feel that our Flying Partner DL has in some way have not lived up to the high standard you rightfully expect. I hope you will accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience that you may have experienced as a result of these occurrences.
I am sorry to learn of your dissatisfaction with our partner services and the domestic USA baggage allowance which charges 1st Baggage in economy class 25USD and the 2nd Baggage 35USD to be paid at the airport, with a maximum 3 dimensions of 158cms.
Kindly note that, this allowance does not apply if the domestic flights connect from an international flight (combination tickets).
Candid feedback like yours enables us to identify specific areas of concern. Be assured that all your comments and concerns will be shared with the responsible executives for further improvement of our services.
Naturally you expect DL staff, to provide the very best service possible. It is inexcusable that you should receive anything else but polite, helpful and attentive behavior from any member of our staff.
In closing, I do hope that you will accept my sincere apology and not permit this unfortunate experience to continue to reflect unfavourably upon us. I am confident that we are capable of delivering the level of service you have every reason to expect, and given the privilege of serving you in the future.
Yours sincerely,
Some babe with a French name...
The Customer Care Executive
Africa Middle East
WHAT THE HELL IS THAT? Talk about lousy attempt at a computer-generated NON-acknowledgement!!! OMG I just find that too lame to comprehend. Not to mention the email came from freakin Air France and not even Delta.... and who the hell is "our flying partner DL" anyway!?!?!? David Letterman?!!?? I'm talking about freakin Delta Damn Airlines here!!
ugh. why do I bother.
"I have just given the go-ahead to our travel agent to make our booking for us, so this is a pre-emptive email, even though our payment hasn't even been processed yet, but I nevertheless feel the need to say something about my negative experiences already:
I am writing to report that after several days of planning my family's 4-week trip itenerary from Southern Africa to the USA to specifically AVOID any use of Delta Airlines (because of the horrible reputation Delta has gotten from many South African travellers using it for flights between Johannesburg & Atlanta, as well as my parents' handful of negative experiences on the same flight), I am left with no other choice (due to seat availability and connections) than to use Delta for our internal USA flights. We were able to get SAA to New York and back, luckily. However, imagine my disgust when I then find out you are going to charge my family and I (there are 3 of us) TWENTY FIVE US DOLLARS PER BAG that we check in, on every internal flight we take, throughout the duration of our holiday. Need I say more? Remember, there are 3 of us. We are taking 4 internal flights. Where is this coming from? No other country we have ever visited, nor any other airline, has ever exploited our patronage nor robbed us as blind as this trip will. Do you realize we will be spending African currency while we're away, and that extra $25.00 per person per bag PER FLIGHT adds no less than (depending on how uncomfortably we can manage to squeeze our daughters' clothing into hand luggage) $150.00 onto our grand total, which equals nearly P1,000.00 in our money - which is enough to buy an entire round-trip airfare to any number of destinations from where we live!!
Not only does Delta already have the reputation where we live of having the most rude and unhelpful staff of any American airline, bad food, lost luggage galore, etc. (we are used to airlines such as Virgin, South African, Singapore, Emirates, etc which are all known for their gracious and polite personnel), now we learn we're going to get financially punished for having the nerve to bring clothes along with us on our vacation to the other side of the world. I find this a very negative start to the trip already, and we haven't even left yet. Thanks."
Right, so I ticked the "yes, I would like to receive a response" button.... just out of curiosity to see what the hell kind of retort and excuse they would give me for this blatant exploitation of customer patronage....
And lo and behold yesterday I got my "response" in my inbox. Ready for the crap?
Dear (Me):
It was with extreme disappointment for us to receive an email such as yours, which contains details of circumstances that have caused you to feel that our Flying Partner DL has in some way have not lived up to the high standard you rightfully expect. I hope you will accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience that you may have experienced as a result of these occurrences.
I am sorry to learn of your dissatisfaction with our partner services and the domestic USA baggage allowance which charges 1st Baggage in economy class 25USD and the 2nd Baggage 35USD to be paid at the airport, with a maximum 3 dimensions of 158cms.
Kindly note that, this allowance does not apply if the domestic flights connect from an international flight (combination tickets).
Candid feedback like yours enables us to identify specific areas of concern. Be assured that all your comments and concerns will be shared with the responsible executives for further improvement of our services.
Naturally you expect DL staff, to provide the very best service possible. It is inexcusable that you should receive anything else but polite, helpful and attentive behavior from any member of our staff.
In closing, I do hope that you will accept my sincere apology and not permit this unfortunate experience to continue to reflect unfavourably upon us. I am confident that we are capable of delivering the level of service you have every reason to expect, and given the privilege of serving you in the future.
Yours sincerely,
Some babe with a French name...
The Customer Care Executive
Africa Middle East
WHAT THE HELL IS THAT? Talk about lousy attempt at a computer-generated NON-acknowledgement!!! OMG I just find that too lame to comprehend. Not to mention the email came from freakin Air France and not even Delta.... and who the hell is "our flying partner DL" anyway!?!?!? David Letterman?!!?? I'm talking about freakin Delta Damn Airlines here!!
ugh. why do I bother.
It's extortion, man. I didn't find out about Continental's $25 EACH way until I was already at the airport w/my bag in hand. I had no choice but to pay. Yes, I had tried to read about their baggage policies beforehand on their website but it was too confusing. "Coach G" or "Coach H" does NOT have to pay baggage prices? WTF does THAT mean? Coach WHO?!?