...has had enough of loud-mouthed opinionated people!!!!
0 Comments Published by Oh Wayward One on 12 July 2010 at 7/12/2010 05:38:00 am.
oh wait, this is not a FB status update.
Anyhoo, that's kind of how I feel after getting back from the fambly reunion up north. It wasn't a bad weekend, actually it was full of fun and frolic and food but it was also full of family, and... well you know what that means!!! ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
I would say the high point was hanging out with all my cousins, a lot of whom I haven't seen in 15 years... there were laughs and laughs and more laughs (all my extended family is a bunch of comedians, especially our dodgey Chicago boys). But then the low point would've had to have been the part where myself and the bwuddaman nearly came to blows at the dinner table in front of 30 of our kinfolk. I won't deny it, a polish sausage was thrown. It was not one of my finest moments, but he did call me a f%$#ing b*$!@ (in front of our parents and significant others) and I did threaten to give him a black eye.... I think this is a whole 'nother story altogether so maybe i will save it for later. But the point is it was one of the parts of the weekend where I came to the realization that I am WELL AND TRULY a different person than I used to be and I feel like I have (for lack of a more eloquent way of stating it) grown apart from my mouthy, outspoken, opinionated, judgemental, angry, and aggressive family.
I realized that that kind of sentiment runs way deeper than just my immediate family, I see it in the other generation of relatives just as strongly. I guess it really is an inherited trait... how glad am I that we adopted, that's all I can say!!! Maybe LJJ has a chance at being a sweetheart. Hmmm... Well, all I know is that if I learned anything from being sunk into the fambly this trip back, it's that I don't want to be like that. Sure, sure, I've got a long way to go, but at least I've got my eyes on the ball and wide open. That's at least a place to start.
Last night we went over to T&S's house to work on the artwork for our Harley tank. T (who happens to also be the godmother to LJJ) is a stellar graphic designer who is designing a MO-flag-inspired flame graphic that she's going to print off on vinyl and we are taking back to the dark continent to clear-coat onto our HD tank so that we can represent on the african roads. It looks really really awesome and she is amazing and fabulous for being able to do such a bang-up job with her wizardry. We'll have the only hog on the roads with a MO flag incorporated into the paint job, that's for sure. We talked over some ideas while we were having our family overnight at the lake on Tuesday and brainstormed up a killer idea that she has just gone and magically whipped up in less than a day. The trip to the lake was great too, we played batting cages and $0.10 skee-ball with the kids and HEY who said you can't have any fun in this recession... I'm continually bamboozled how cheap everything is here. OK the Lake area is totally dilapidated and depressing these days but it's still cheap!!! Nevermind it's all the same coats of paint that were on the roller coasters and what not since I was a kid back in the 80's!!!
OH AND I also have coffee scheduled with the mayor for tomorrow, so that is A-MAZE-ING and I'm starting to get nerrrrrrrvous!!!!
Right now I am getting ready to go out for lunch with Brandone and this will not only be a fantastical lunch but it will be my final opportunity to enjoy my favorite hotwings at Madison's downtown, which we MISSED last time we were here and which made me very angry. So I will have hot wings for lunch. It is decided. Then tomorrow we're off to gran & gramps in KC (til thursday) as well as the Tom Petty concert tomorrow night and voila! I get to see another of my heroes on this trip. His new album is KILLER and bluesy and I can not wait. What a way to finish off the USA leg of this trip - the mayor, the hotwings, and the Petty. Brilliant! Then it's on to Vancouver on Thursday to see Podgey and Rach and Robyn and Abby! Relaxation here we come!!!
Anyhoo, that's kind of how I feel after getting back from the fambly reunion up north. It wasn't a bad weekend, actually it was full of fun and frolic and food but it was also full of family, and... well you know what that means!!! ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
I would say the high point was hanging out with all my cousins, a lot of whom I haven't seen in 15 years... there were laughs and laughs and more laughs (all my extended family is a bunch of comedians, especially our dodgey Chicago boys). But then the low point would've had to have been the part where myself and the bwuddaman nearly came to blows at the dinner table in front of 30 of our kinfolk. I won't deny it, a polish sausage was thrown. It was not one of my finest moments, but he did call me a f%$#ing b*$!@ (in front of our parents and significant others) and I did threaten to give him a black eye.... I think this is a whole 'nother story altogether so maybe i will save it for later. But the point is it was one of the parts of the weekend where I came to the realization that I am WELL AND TRULY a different person than I used to be and I feel like I have (for lack of a more eloquent way of stating it) grown apart from my mouthy, outspoken, opinionated, judgemental, angry, and aggressive family.
I realized that that kind of sentiment runs way deeper than just my immediate family, I see it in the other generation of relatives just as strongly. I guess it really is an inherited trait... how glad am I that we adopted, that's all I can say!!! Maybe LJJ has a chance at being a sweetheart. Hmmm... Well, all I know is that if I learned anything from being sunk into the fambly this trip back, it's that I don't want to be like that. Sure, sure, I've got a long way to go, but at least I've got my eyes on the ball and wide open. That's at least a place to start.
Last night we went over to T&S's house to work on the artwork for our Harley tank. T (who happens to also be the godmother to LJJ) is a stellar graphic designer who is designing a MO-flag-inspired flame graphic that she's going to print off on vinyl and we are taking back to the dark continent to clear-coat onto our HD tank so that we can represent on the african roads. It looks really really awesome and she is amazing and fabulous for being able to do such a bang-up job with her wizardry. We'll have the only hog on the roads with a MO flag incorporated into the paint job, that's for sure. We talked over some ideas while we were having our family overnight at the lake on Tuesday and brainstormed up a killer idea that she has just gone and magically whipped up in less than a day. The trip to the lake was great too, we played batting cages and $0.10 skee-ball with the kids and HEY who said you can't have any fun in this recession... I'm continually bamboozled how cheap everything is here. OK the Lake area is totally dilapidated and depressing these days but it's still cheap!!! Nevermind it's all the same coats of paint that were on the roller coasters and what not since I was a kid back in the 80's!!!
OH AND I also have coffee scheduled with the mayor for tomorrow, so that is A-MAZE-ING and I'm starting to get nerrrrrrrvous!!!!
Right now I am getting ready to go out for lunch with Brandone and this will not only be a fantastical lunch but it will be my final opportunity to enjoy my favorite hotwings at Madison's downtown, which we MISSED last time we were here and which made me very angry. So I will have hot wings for lunch. It is decided. Then tomorrow we're off to gran & gramps in KC (til thursday) as well as the Tom Petty concert tomorrow night and voila! I get to see another of my heroes on this trip. His new album is KILLER and bluesy and I can not wait. What a way to finish off the USA leg of this trip - the mayor, the hotwings, and the Petty. Brilliant! Then it's on to Vancouver on Thursday to see Podgey and Rach and Robyn and Abby! Relaxation here we come!!!
0 Responses to “...has had enough of loud-mouthed opinionated people!!!!”
Post a Comment