how to keep the moping away
1 Comments Published by Oh Wayward One on 21 July 2010 at 7/21/2010 07:10:00 pm.
i can see it in front of me.... the last day of holidays..... oh noooooooooooooooooooooo
and along with that this sad feeling of going back to the grindstone and all the little crappy horrible things that come with it, like my thesis staring me in the face.... missing my friends.... not being able to go running at 10:30 at night.... the office.... the assholes I have to deal with because of the office.... all the grumps and grumbles related to BW, etc etc etc. Also compounded by as soon as we arrive in Jozi, The Mr. is going to have to fly off in another direction, leaving me to get myself and the LJJ back to G-city by myself due to some work emergency that he has to go off and save the day because of. Meaning another 2 nights this year apart. WTF! Angry!!
so, we have today (Weds.) and tomorrow (Thurs) and then Friday we leave again. For some dad-blasted long-ass journey across 2 hemispheres that is going to take a whole day and then some, all while on THAT HORRIBLE GOD FORSAKEN AIRLINE I REFUSE TO CALL BY NAME which will then culminate in me & The Mr. having to split up for the last leg of said journey. Poo.
So anyway The Great White North has been good to us - lovely weather, plenty of sight-seeing, good times and belly laughs with Podgey and last night a sensational evening with GF Rach's family which included the tastiest mom-dinner I have had in YEARS, a scenic flight in her pop's plane over the greater metro area and mountainous region, and lots of fun in general with logsa nice people. The first part of the day, had also been lovely as The Mr., LJJ, P and I had spent it up in the mountains at a nearby ski resort where we went for lunch at The Old Spag Factory and wandered around and weaved through the throngs of The Beautiful People With Too Much Money and lovely mountain scenery! The night before we had a blast at the local Hash, and then delicious (not-available-in-BW) Turkish food and a marathon of comedy after comedy in Alan's room (on the hard drive compliments of Brandone who stocked it full with belly laughs before we left home) and some beers. We've also enjoyed seeing Robyn and Abby (LJJ's first babysitter and wee friend from Namibia who live here) a couple times, and just trying to recoup before heading back to the real world.
Well, I have just been ordered/instructed to work on organizing my photos so i can FB them and whatever, so I should leave this pathetic attempt at a speedy trip re-cap here, and pick it up later. And I need to go check out THE MAYOR'S BLOG because I am reportedly on it now. DOH!!! It is apparently being housed on his website (google High Street Beat dot com) so I must go check.
OH, and just for posterity's sake, here is The Gramps obit:
http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/kansascity/obituary.aspx?n=robert-e-orrick&pid=144120377
and along with that this sad feeling of going back to the grindstone and all the little crappy horrible things that come with it, like my thesis staring me in the face.... missing my friends.... not being able to go running at 10:30 at night.... the office.... the assholes I have to deal with because of the office.... all the grumps and grumbles related to BW, etc etc etc. Also compounded by as soon as we arrive in Jozi, The Mr. is going to have to fly off in another direction, leaving me to get myself and the LJJ back to G-city by myself due to some work emergency that he has to go off and save the day because of. Meaning another 2 nights this year apart. WTF! Angry!!
so, we have today (Weds.) and tomorrow (Thurs) and then Friday we leave again. For some dad-blasted long-ass journey across 2 hemispheres that is going to take a whole day and then some, all while on THAT HORRIBLE GOD FORSAKEN AIRLINE I REFUSE TO CALL BY NAME which will then culminate in me & The Mr. having to split up for the last leg of said journey. Poo.
So anyway The Great White North has been good to us - lovely weather, plenty of sight-seeing, good times and belly laughs with Podgey and last night a sensational evening with GF Rach's family which included the tastiest mom-dinner I have had in YEARS, a scenic flight in her pop's plane over the greater metro area and mountainous region, and lots of fun in general with logsa nice people. The first part of the day, had also been lovely as The Mr., LJJ, P and I had spent it up in the mountains at a nearby ski resort where we went for lunch at The Old Spag Factory and wandered around and weaved through the throngs of The Beautiful People With Too Much Money and lovely mountain scenery! The night before we had a blast at the local Hash, and then delicious (not-available-in-BW) Turkish food and a marathon of comedy after comedy in Alan's room (on the hard drive compliments of Brandone who stocked it full with belly laughs before we left home) and some beers. We've also enjoyed seeing Robyn and Abby (LJJ's first babysitter and wee friend from Namibia who live here) a couple times, and just trying to recoup before heading back to the real world.
Well, I have just been ordered/instructed to work on organizing my photos so i can FB them and whatever, so I should leave this pathetic attempt at a speedy trip re-cap here, and pick it up later. And I need to go check out THE MAYOR'S BLOG because I am reportedly on it now. DOH!!! It is apparently being housed on his website (google High Street Beat dot com) so I must go check.
OH, and just for posterity's sake, here is The Gramps obit:
http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/kansascity/obituary.aspx?n=robert-e-orrick&pid=144120377
Labels: holiday recap
Wow. You're famous. Who knew, now I just want to go to Jefferson City and go for a 10km jog.