BOoooooooooooooooo HOoooooooooooooooo!!!
I'm sitting at Podgey's house reaping the benefits of fast internet for the last time before we head off to the Vancouvey Airport and begin the nonsense journey of what, 40 hours in transit or whatever.
I guess my Happiness Management Plan needs to consist of focussing on things like sleeping in my own bed, seeing the puppies, getting back on the road to fitness (I did really well the first couple weeks but the last 3/4 of this holiday have been filled with too much delicious eatin' to be good for me), getting back to the Hash, re-stringing my banjo with these new fangled low-gauge strings I got in MO, etc etc etc. And my thesis. Gag.
The last couple days have been fun. We went out for chinese food which is what you HAVE to do here in Hongcouver, walked around a huge famous park, and had yet another mega-marathon in Alan's room thanks to the giant hard drive of tv shows that Brandon The Blessed donated to the belly laughs cause.
But now I dont even feel like doing Holiday Recap because i'm just sad about leaving. Sniff, sniff.
I'll let myself have this one little "Oh poor me" moment and then I'll try to do my best to wipe it off and get back to Project Positive and all that stuff.
- moment -
I will say one thing about the good side of going home - a 4 week holiday is definitely a long-ass holiday, so when you take a 4-week holiday, at the end of it, you really CANT justify saying things like "oh it wasnt long enough" or "oh I just can't believe it's over"... and all that stuff. I mean yeah, in all actuality i feel like it IS time for it to be over now. Not because i WANT to go home or WANT it to end, just because now everything has been done, and the journey is complete.
One thing is for sure, it was an AWESOME 4 weeks. I got to do pretty much everything that it was humanly possible to squeeze into 4 weeks.
I'm sitting at Podgey's house reaping the benefits of fast internet for the last time before we head off to the Vancouvey Airport and begin the nonsense journey of what, 40 hours in transit or whatever.
I guess my Happiness Management Plan needs to consist of focussing on things like sleeping in my own bed, seeing the puppies, getting back on the road to fitness (I did really well the first couple weeks but the last 3/4 of this holiday have been filled with too much delicious eatin' to be good for me), getting back to the Hash, re-stringing my banjo with these new fangled low-gauge strings I got in MO, etc etc etc. And my thesis. Gag.
The last couple days have been fun. We went out for chinese food which is what you HAVE to do here in Hongcouver, walked around a huge famous park, and had yet another mega-marathon in Alan's room thanks to the giant hard drive of tv shows that Brandon The Blessed donated to the belly laughs cause.
But now I dont even feel like doing Holiday Recap because i'm just sad about leaving. Sniff, sniff.
I'll let myself have this one little "Oh poor me" moment and then I'll try to do my best to wipe it off and get back to Project Positive and all that stuff.
- moment -
I will say one thing about the good side of going home - a 4 week holiday is definitely a long-ass holiday, so when you take a 4-week holiday, at the end of it, you really CANT justify saying things like "oh it wasnt long enough" or "oh I just can't believe it's over"... and all that stuff. I mean yeah, in all actuality i feel like it IS time for it to be over now. Not because i WANT to go home or WANT it to end, just because now everything has been done, and the journey is complete.
One thing is for sure, it was an AWESOME 4 weeks. I got to do pretty much everything that it was humanly possible to squeeze into 4 weeks.
Labels: holiday recap
0 Responses to “The Last Day Blues”
Post a Comment