mmmkay well it aint gonna be H1N1
0 Comments Published by Oh Wayward One on 12 August 2010 at 8/12/2010 04:54:00 pm.
because I got my vaccinations!
The Mr. and the Toddler and I all got H1N1 vaxies today, they were giving them out for free all over the country and we availed. We were talking about how we probably should've done some research on said vaccine before getting jabbed with it, but with these sort of things I don't WANT to be skeptical. I mean my old buddy & guitar player died from it right here in River City and not to mention others that I don't know, so clearly it exists - I don't buy all that "it's just a conspiracy" crap... and not to mention this sort of free-vax programme is put on by overseas NGOs and grants and funds and what-what-what that all the rich first-worlders with too much money to burn like to come down here and farm out to Africa so I know it's the type of programme that HAS to succeed or nobody will ever try anything like this again. And in order for it to succeed, they say at least 80% of the country has to avail of it and take advantage of the free service, so I believe I should contribute to those numbers for the greater good. Some idiot imbesciles get on the radio and start talking about how their Great-Grandmother got the shot and then all her teeth fell out or all her cattle died or something like that and then that story spreads like wildfire and then all these eejots get paranoid and start spreading rumors around about how the vaccine will kill you and then nobody goes and gets it. And then they won't do the free programme anymore. It makes The MR. and I so mad, but it is SO BW.
Anyhoo, we were in and out of the clinic in under 20 mins and the kid only cried for a few seconds, an annoyance that was swiftly diverted by a shiny piece of plastic, and away we flew.
But otherwise HEALTH HAS NOT BEEN ON MY SIDE. It has, in fact, been exactly 1 week since THE DISEASE (whatever it was) got me. And struck me down HARD. My last blog post was written on thursday - which was the day that it all happened. I woke up feeling SUPER tired, went to work, had 3 cups of coffee and still felt like I had run a marathon the day before. Was REALLY dragging. Then like magic, that afternoon my temperature just skyrocketed like crazy and I went home a little early, at which point I went to give The Mr. a hug and he was all like "HOLY SHIT I CAN FEEL YOU RADIATING FROM 3 FEET AWAY!! LOOK AT YOU, YOU'RE GLOWING!!!" so needless to say I had a pretty bad fever. I was going to go to the Hash Mismanagement meeting at the B&B Bar but was firmly instructed to stay home. And it all went downhill from there. Friday found me laid up big time without even a HOPE of moving, then saturday my fever was down so I STUPIDLY let The Mr. talk me into having a glass of wine (make that 2 - HIS FAULT) with dinner (under the premise "aw, come on, we can't go out since you're sick so we might as well have a glass of wine with dinner!" RUBBISH! Remind me never to listen to any of his un-medical-nonsense ever again!!!) and then the next day we went to the Hash and it was my week to walk (luckily - because otherwise I would've died) and we had a braa afterwords and the whole day I just felt hungover and horrible. Then Monday the whatever-it-was gave way to a horrible cold and ever since I have been lacking the ability to nose-breathe and have snuffled up approximately 3 rainforests in kleenex. bleh. And now it's all about the chest congestion. FUNNNNNNNN!
But nevertheless I think it's all on the up and up now. AND during all that I managed to write a couple hundred more words on my research. Bully for me.
In the meantime Uncle A is coming up tomorrow on a spur-of-the-moment visit for the weekend with a "mystery lady". The kicker is that said "mystery lady" happens to be a "married mystery lady" with whom he is supposedly NOT involved "in that way" so this should be interesting. It will be fun to have some distraction from THE DISEASE though because I am so freakin sick & tired of being sick & tired. And boy have I been sick & tired!!! I tried playing banjo last night and my fingers couldn't move past 60bps on the metronome. I quit in disgust and watched Cougar Town, which DAMN is that one funny ass show. High priority on my belly laughs counter from now on. Courtney Cox is my hero.
The Mr. and the Toddler and I all got H1N1 vaxies today, they were giving them out for free all over the country and we availed. We were talking about how we probably should've done some research on said vaccine before getting jabbed with it, but with these sort of things I don't WANT to be skeptical. I mean my old buddy & guitar player died from it right here in River City and not to mention others that I don't know, so clearly it exists - I don't buy all that "it's just a conspiracy" crap... and not to mention this sort of free-vax programme is put on by overseas NGOs and grants and funds and what-what-what that all the rich first-worlders with too much money to burn like to come down here and farm out to Africa so I know it's the type of programme that HAS to succeed or nobody will ever try anything like this again. And in order for it to succeed, they say at least 80% of the country has to avail of it and take advantage of the free service, so I believe I should contribute to those numbers for the greater good. Some idiot imbesciles get on the radio and start talking about how their Great-Grandmother got the shot and then all her teeth fell out or all her cattle died or something like that and then that story spreads like wildfire and then all these eejots get paranoid and start spreading rumors around about how the vaccine will kill you and then nobody goes and gets it. And then they won't do the free programme anymore. It makes The MR. and I so mad, but it is SO BW.
Anyhoo, we were in and out of the clinic in under 20 mins and the kid only cried for a few seconds, an annoyance that was swiftly diverted by a shiny piece of plastic, and away we flew.
But otherwise HEALTH HAS NOT BEEN ON MY SIDE. It has, in fact, been exactly 1 week since THE DISEASE (whatever it was) got me. And struck me down HARD. My last blog post was written on thursday - which was the day that it all happened. I woke up feeling SUPER tired, went to work, had 3 cups of coffee and still felt like I had run a marathon the day before. Was REALLY dragging. Then like magic, that afternoon my temperature just skyrocketed like crazy and I went home a little early, at which point I went to give The Mr. a hug and he was all like "HOLY SHIT I CAN FEEL YOU RADIATING FROM 3 FEET AWAY!! LOOK AT YOU, YOU'RE GLOWING!!!" so needless to say I had a pretty bad fever. I was going to go to the Hash Mismanagement meeting at the B&B Bar but was firmly instructed to stay home. And it all went downhill from there. Friday found me laid up big time without even a HOPE of moving, then saturday my fever was down so I STUPIDLY let The Mr. talk me into having a glass of wine (make that 2 - HIS FAULT) with dinner (under the premise "aw, come on, we can't go out since you're sick so we might as well have a glass of wine with dinner!" RUBBISH! Remind me never to listen to any of his un-medical-nonsense ever again!!!) and then the next day we went to the Hash and it was my week to walk (luckily - because otherwise I would've died) and we had a braa afterwords and the whole day I just felt hungover and horrible. Then Monday the whatever-it-was gave way to a horrible cold and ever since I have been lacking the ability to nose-breathe and have snuffled up approximately 3 rainforests in kleenex. bleh. And now it's all about the chest congestion. FUNNNNNNNN!
But nevertheless I think it's all on the up and up now. AND during all that I managed to write a couple hundred more words on my research. Bully for me.
In the meantime Uncle A is coming up tomorrow on a spur-of-the-moment visit for the weekend with a "mystery lady". The kicker is that said "mystery lady" happens to be a "married mystery lady" with whom he is supposedly NOT involved "in that way" so this should be interesting. It will be fun to have some distraction from THE DISEASE though because I am so freakin sick & tired of being sick & tired. And boy have I been sick & tired!!! I tried playing banjo last night and my fingers couldn't move past 60bps on the metronome. I quit in disgust and watched Cougar Town, which DAMN is that one funny ass show. High priority on my belly laughs counter from now on. Courtney Cox is my hero.
0 Responses to “mmmkay well it aint gonna be H1N1”
Post a Comment