User-agent: Googlebot-Blog Disallow: / >

My Year of Meaningful (2011)

"Quality takes you out of yourself, makes you aware of the world around you." - R.M. Pirsig


Ghz-bound

Well I have no time for this but I'm gonna do it anyway, or else avoiding the blog is gonna become a trend.

Making a long story short, tomorrow The Mr. & LJJ and I head up to Ghz-town (10 hours away or so, "The Cap'tl of the Kalahari", they call it). For work, but we gwine to do it over a weekend so that we can stay in a nice lodge and try and make believe that it's a nice weekend away.

This week has been hectic, busy, and lacking in the sleep-department, but lots of things appear to be getting done. The Kid can tick "potty training" off her list, for all practical purposes. She still has the odd accident but since she's butt-ass nekkit most of every day, and outside, or on tiles, it really only just clarifies to her: "yep, *that's* what happens when I feel *that* feeling all right!!"... which only helps the learning process, I reckon. To say she's 100% totally flawless would be foolish, but hey, if she has to go, she asks, then she gets taken to the potty, and goes. She's not even waiting for the frozen pea anymore, she's just on and off and happy to do it all over again when the feeling comes 'round again. So that's good enough for me.

The Mr. made a divine Chicken Parmesan last night for dinner, which was way cool considering I came back from my weekly day up north in the Delta at around 7 pm just about DEAD as the flight I had to endure on our way back down was the most horrible, bumpy, horrible, bumpy, horrible..... bumpy plane ride I have ever had (probably not, but gotta be a contender at least) so much so that it made me airsick for the rest of the night. I didn't puke but DAMN it sucked. I could hardly hold my head up when I got back home. So to have dinner made and everything cleaned up and be completely free to flop down on the couch and remain horizontal was the best present I ever received. Oh, that and "Modern Family" and "Cougar Town" were both on. WIN!

In other WIN news, the arse-munch who was my advisor for my thesis last semester is now no longer my advisor and instead I have someone else. I'm sure whoever else this guy is has GOT to be better than the first.... even if he's still an arse, there's NO way he can be AS big an arse, so I see that as epic win on my plate. Now I just gotta have something to deliver to him in Draft form by early october. Inhale.

Work is about to get messy. ugh. I dont even wanna talk about it. Messy-busy, though, not Messy-bad. So I guess great, whatever.

Summer is here. Hot as hell. Need A/C for upstairs.... which apparently G-city is clean out of at the moment. Sweat box. Ugh.

Uncle A. is coming up next week to drop his motorcycle here for 7 months while he travels around Egypt and back. I'll miss him. :-( But his trip is so unplanned it's just a completely open schedule, so hey maybe he'll realize being on the road in Africa for that long aint all it's cracked up to be and will come back to us sooner. Who knows.

OK that's all I got. I gotta Hash Mis-mgm't meeting tonight at the B&B bar so I gotta get a move on this work I need to finish, pronto.

0 Responses to “Ghz-bound”

Post a Comment



© 2006