Snippity doo da day!
0 Comments Published by Oh Wayward One on 22 November 2010 at 11/22/2010 08:33:00 am.
Funnily enough I've had such a couple of scatterbrained, stressed weeks, I forgot entirely about the new wave of excitement sweeping through la casa de wayward... the kind you get where if you come to our door and ask: "is there a vas deferens in the house?" you get a resounding "HELL NO!!!"
hee hee hee.
I'll lay off the predictable punchlines like "is that the sound of crazy unprotected monkey sex I hear?" etc, etc.
Sure enough, The Mr. got his reproductive capabilities wiped out a couple weeks ago, and today he goes back to get the all-clear on the stitches and general post-op bill of health. Ok, sure, the crazy unprotected monkey sex doesn't get to happen until a certain number of, uh, how you say "swimmers" are... how you say, "released".... under.... how you say, "controlled circumstances".... but that's no biggie considering after 10 years we've gotten pretty good at "controlling" said "circumstances".
I asked The Mr if he was going to tell his parents (so far only Doc & Mrs Doc know about the procedure considering we know about half the doctors in the new private hospital so the liklihood of one of them actually walking INTO his surgery was too high to try and hide it) and he was like "OH GOD NO!" because apparently they would freak out and actually (he reckons) consider him less of a MAN!? I'm like, why, because ONE of the many TUBES in your urilogical makeup has a small INCISION in it?!?!?!? And he's like, yeah, not only are they irrational about God making Man in His Image and all that nonsense, they are also too dumb to understand anatomy and probably think that the surgery involved some sort of mojo-ectomy, where some guy literally extracts my MANHOOD and chops up my HORMONE-MAKER into a bazillion pieces, and replaces it with a WOMB or something. HAR!
But really, the poor baby has been a wee bit uh, tender, lately from the incisions but it was only like 2 stitches and very little else, all wrapped up in a neat and tidy 20-minute outpatient surgery and voila! He highly recommends it.
This weekend was pretty good. I'd give it a couple stars.
Friday night we finally watched "Julie & Julia" which I really enjoyed. Stayed in, ate pizza, lounged around. A very much-needed quiet evening. After my poor sleeping the past day or two, I needed one, especially since I had to get up early the next morning for SPA DAY!!!
...which was SO great. I have never ever in my whole life actually taken that much time (and spent that much money) on just doing something for a whole half a day, that physically benefits no one but ME. What a freakin' treat. And of course as I was laying there on the massage table getting all the stress thumped out of me, I made about 30 promises to myself about making the effort to make this a monthly if not bi-monthly exercise... of course that'll never happen but DAMN it should! Started out in the morning at 9am where the three of us girls (S., who I have now decided to christen "Starchy"... gluten joke... ha) and Polelo rocked up and were promptly thrust into soft fluffy robes and slippers and divided up amongst the various stations we would be enjoying for the day. Massage, facials, manicure, pedicure, foot massage, waxing, steam, and I dont even remember what else, it was such a dream. We shared a bottle of sparkling wine and a fruit platter and relaxed in the garden for about a half hour after the final treatment. O.M.G. paradise. I was floating around like a zombie for the rest of the day. Left at 2pm and can hardly remember the drive home because my brain & body was just like jelly.
PLEASE someone remind me to do that again. 800 bucks and worth every thebe!
Then saturday night I did a practice run-through with my pork dish that I'm doing for this month's "Gourmet Girls" (the cooking club thing that Mrs Doc started last month) which is at my house in a week's time. The theme is Chinese and I have decided rather than the old reliable KungPo chicken, I'm doing my take on Dong Po pork (I have christened it "Miss Jirr's Dong Po Pork" only in consideration of some of our not-so-adventurous of the chicks, will be using pork shoulder pieces instead of the traditional pork belly. Needless to say it was magic and I believe that if everyone can follow their directions properly, December will go down in GG history as the highlight of our year. :)
Sunday we did some long overdue grocery shopping which has pretty much gotten ignored since October, followed by some 4x4'ing and picnicing with Jac & Mar in the afternoon. Then I spent the evening making a massive chinese soup for myself to last the next 4 days. This week I'm putting myself on a liquid diet, you see, what with a Thanksgiving dinner (organized by Doc & Mrs Doc) on thursday followed by next week which includes a big dutch party, the Hash Xmas party, as well as GGG. Then it's only 2 weeks or so til we head off for NL for a couple weeks of holiday madness, so I REALLY need to get rid of this sneaky extra 1.5kg that latched onto me over the last couple months. No more messing around. Just some mild torture. So soup and smoothies it is.
back to work now.
hee hee hee.
I'll lay off the predictable punchlines like "is that the sound of crazy unprotected monkey sex I hear?" etc, etc.
Sure enough, The Mr. got his reproductive capabilities wiped out a couple weeks ago, and today he goes back to get the all-clear on the stitches and general post-op bill of health. Ok, sure, the crazy unprotected monkey sex doesn't get to happen until a certain number of, uh, how you say "swimmers" are... how you say, "released".... under.... how you say, "controlled circumstances".... but that's no biggie considering after 10 years we've gotten pretty good at "controlling" said "circumstances".
I asked The Mr if he was going to tell his parents (so far only Doc & Mrs Doc know about the procedure considering we know about half the doctors in the new private hospital so the liklihood of one of them actually walking INTO his surgery was too high to try and hide it) and he was like "OH GOD NO!" because apparently they would freak out and actually (he reckons) consider him less of a MAN!? I'm like, why, because ONE of the many TUBES in your urilogical makeup has a small INCISION in it?!?!?!? And he's like, yeah, not only are they irrational about God making Man in His Image and all that nonsense, they are also too dumb to understand anatomy and probably think that the surgery involved some sort of mojo-ectomy, where some guy literally extracts my MANHOOD and chops up my HORMONE-MAKER into a bazillion pieces, and replaces it with a WOMB or something. HAR!
But really, the poor baby has been a wee bit uh, tender, lately from the incisions but it was only like 2 stitches and very little else, all wrapped up in a neat and tidy 20-minute outpatient surgery and voila! He highly recommends it.
This weekend was pretty good. I'd give it a couple stars.
Friday night we finally watched "Julie & Julia" which I really enjoyed. Stayed in, ate pizza, lounged around. A very much-needed quiet evening. After my poor sleeping the past day or two, I needed one, especially since I had to get up early the next morning for SPA DAY!!!
...which was SO great. I have never ever in my whole life actually taken that much time (and spent that much money) on just doing something for a whole half a day, that physically benefits no one but ME. What a freakin' treat. And of course as I was laying there on the massage table getting all the stress thumped out of me, I made about 30 promises to myself about making the effort to make this a monthly if not bi-monthly exercise... of course that'll never happen but DAMN it should! Started out in the morning at 9am where the three of us girls (S., who I have now decided to christen "Starchy"... gluten joke... ha) and Polelo rocked up and were promptly thrust into soft fluffy robes and slippers and divided up amongst the various stations we would be enjoying for the day. Massage, facials, manicure, pedicure, foot massage, waxing, steam, and I dont even remember what else, it was such a dream. We shared a bottle of sparkling wine and a fruit platter and relaxed in the garden for about a half hour after the final treatment. O.M.G. paradise. I was floating around like a zombie for the rest of the day. Left at 2pm and can hardly remember the drive home because my brain & body was just like jelly.
PLEASE someone remind me to do that again. 800 bucks and worth every thebe!
Then saturday night I did a practice run-through with my pork dish that I'm doing for this month's "Gourmet Girls" (the cooking club thing that Mrs Doc started last month) which is at my house in a week's time. The theme is Chinese and I have decided rather than the old reliable KungPo chicken, I'm doing my take on Dong Po pork (I have christened it "Miss Jirr's Dong Po Pork" only in consideration of some of our not-so-adventurous of the chicks, will be using pork shoulder pieces instead of the traditional pork belly. Needless to say it was magic and I believe that if everyone can follow their directions properly, December will go down in GG history as the highlight of our year. :)
Sunday we did some long overdue grocery shopping which has pretty much gotten ignored since October, followed by some 4x4'ing and picnicing with Jac & Mar in the afternoon. Then I spent the evening making a massive chinese soup for myself to last the next 4 days. This week I'm putting myself on a liquid diet, you see, what with a Thanksgiving dinner (organized by Doc & Mrs Doc) on thursday followed by next week which includes a big dutch party, the Hash Xmas party, as well as GGG. Then it's only 2 weeks or so til we head off for NL for a couple weeks of holiday madness, so I REALLY need to get rid of this sneaky extra 1.5kg that latched onto me over the last couple months. No more messing around. Just some mild torture. So soup and smoothies it is.
back to work now.
0 Responses to “Snippity doo da day!”
Post a Comment