Wow. Christmas in NL.
0 Comments Published by Oh Wayward One on 29 December 2010 at 12/29/2010 12:01:00 pm.
I don't have much time but feel like it's easier to do something quick now than have to write everything down when we get back!
In brief, I'm having a really good time here and the secret is definitely that we have our own house to stay in and all our visitors have to come to US rather than us flying all over the damn place to see everyone.
Marc & Corne were just here for 3 nights and it was HI-LARRY, we had such a kickass time playing skipbo and cooking and drinking and just staying in... they're definitely my favorite couple from The Mr.'s university days. Jean was here for 2 nights too and that was fantastic and fun as usual, and now The Mr's other posse of buddies from college are on their way too.
I have no discipline for food here. There are far too many amazing baked goods and fish and Indonesian foods and mmmmmmmmmmmm everything else.
The Family is the same, we're getting along fine, no drama to report, and moderate levels of interaction is working so well, although they want more LJJ time and so I feel sorry for them but they're still seeing her every day and we're leaving her with them plenty which means everybody wins. After NY's day, The Mr. and I then leave her with them for 2 days while we have our romantic getaway to the island oF texel and some peace and quiet. it's just been so bloody BUSY!!! Just like when I'm at home. Rush rush rush.
The snow is great and I'm really enjoying running in the cold. We've been doing it pretty regularly since we have babysitting opportunities and a beautiful snowy forest in our midst to run around in. Also to counterbalance all the damn baked goods. Running on ice is dangerous but fun.
Oh crap I hear The Mr. making more plans for us..... back to the rush!
In brief, I'm having a really good time here and the secret is definitely that we have our own house to stay in and all our visitors have to come to US rather than us flying all over the damn place to see everyone.
Marc & Corne were just here for 3 nights and it was HI-LARRY, we had such a kickass time playing skipbo and cooking and drinking and just staying in... they're definitely my favorite couple from The Mr.'s university days. Jean was here for 2 nights too and that was fantastic and fun as usual, and now The Mr's other posse of buddies from college are on their way too.
I have no discipline for food here. There are far too many amazing baked goods and fish and Indonesian foods and mmmmmmmmmmmm everything else.
The Family is the same, we're getting along fine, no drama to report, and moderate levels of interaction is working so well, although they want more LJJ time and so I feel sorry for them but they're still seeing her every day and we're leaving her with them plenty which means everybody wins. After NY's day, The Mr. and I then leave her with them for 2 days while we have our romantic getaway to the island oF texel and some peace and quiet. it's just been so bloody BUSY!!! Just like when I'm at home. Rush rush rush.
The snow is great and I'm really enjoying running in the cold. We've been doing it pretty regularly since we have babysitting opportunities and a beautiful snowy forest in our midst to run around in. Also to counterbalance all the damn baked goods. Running on ice is dangerous but fun.
Oh crap I hear The Mr. making more plans for us..... back to the rush!
0 Responses to “Wow. Christmas in NL.”
Post a Comment