User-agent: Googlebot-Blog Disallow: / >

My Year of Meaningful (2011)

"Quality takes you out of yourself, makes you aware of the world around you." - R.M. Pirsig


There is a sweet spot in the rut.



Wow, I'm back on the bloggy horse and with my new attitude adjustment, it seems that meaningful sh*t is just springing up all around me. Again, I cite attitude as the catalyst. You can't see the meaningful sh*t if you got a bad attitude. Jeez, like!

So this installment is about Fridays. Simple pleasures, the Fridays. The restless night owl in me is tempted in downer-times to bitch & moan about how lately (particularly post-evacuation of Doc & Mrs Doc) we seem to be in a solid rut of staying in on Friday nights and watching movies (or catching up on DVR stuff). However, you gotta see this as something of meaning in the following perspective:

1. Sleeping in is one of my favorite things in the world. The way we rock the stay-in-fridays is to stay up extremely late, which, at the end of a mammoth week (which all of them seem to be these days) combined with the bottle of wine, etc ("etc" to be further explained) means sleeping in til OMG, PAST 9, the next day. Blissful.

2. My valentine's present to the Mr. was a Martini Deck - i.e. a stack of cards with the How To's of every single martini in the universe. I figured it would be a good party trick for him, as well as a do-able challenge to become a martini-specific mixologist, and lo + behold he's a natural. Plus we were kinda martini-idiots and this has taught us a thing or two about what we like and don't like, with him at the controls. Every friday we try something different, and he is a champion martini master now. His best ones are the Metropolitan (pictured above) and the Smokey martini. This has now become such a highly anticipated part of my friday nights, that I get slightly annoyed if there's any talk of NOT having NO plans on the last day of the work week.

3. Dinner. What else is there to say other than on fridays we normally put some effort into organising something delicious. Recently I've even been cajoled into making a dessert or two. Unheard of in our house. But fridays..... ah, fridays. This friday I made Missouri burgers, for example - something I would never dream of having during the week when i'm usually busy being my normal psychotic health nut freakish self. Good LAWD they was deee-vine. They are always so divine. And I only ever make them on fridays. Go figure. So much divineness it hurts my mouth!

Anyway, there's not much more to it than that. Just that. But I've realized it's a simple pleasure that I ought not take for granted because in it's own rite it is actually freakin' beautiful.

Labels:

0 Responses to “There is a sweet spot in the rut.”

Post a Comment



© 2006