User-agent: Googlebot-Blog Disallow: / >

My Year of Meaningful (2011)

"Quality takes you out of yourself, makes you aware of the world around you." - R.M. Pirsig


Day 17

Well yesterday was a success.
The Mr. and I got up the hill just before the sun went down, so our exercise was in the bag (which I'm worried about this week, being that it's so hectic and full of anomalies due to the impending move, we may not get ample time for fitness & may consume one too many easy-over-healthy meals), I wrote Podgey, I called Frank (we're getting new carpet in the new master bedroom - yay), and This American Life was entertaining as ever.

Today, I have to:
* go to gym at lunch
* write on The Other blog at some stage (which I promised the Mr. I would do)
* call the carpet guy
* chase up the carpet guy

and I dont really know what else.

I'm in such a good mood these days, things are happening, life is looking good, and there's no reason 2009 really can't be the year of good luck and love and all things positive. I'm not even going to end that sentence with "let's see how long that lasts" or anything cynical like that, I'm just going to ride this wave as far as it takes me and be thankful the whole way.

I was up with the birds as I had to be in G-village to meet Frank at (hack) 7:30 AM! agh! and that's a 30 minute drive through the bush from our present house, so yeah, I was out the door at 7. bleh! But once there, I was just so happy to be there (at the new house) even though the existing tenants still have a bunch of crap in it. My initial thoughts are: the master b.r. was a lot smaller than I'd pictured (which isn't a big deal b/c it's still HUGE), and the guest rooms were smaller. But again not a big deal. I still wish the kitchen had a double sink instead of just one (ghetto!) but otherwise I'm still as excited as before. OH and the stoep outside DOES have a proper roof over it so we CAN put our extra couch out there and not worry about the rain getting on it. More living space, woo hoo!

I couldn't take photos b/c Existing Tenants were still there and being all grumpy that Frank and I were walking around in their space, but that'll all come in a few days. Friday I can get over there and have a look, to be exact. Maybe photos then. Oh, I did note that there are 2 really beautiful cathedral windows in stained glass above the fireplace in the living room. Frank said he rescued them from an old church that was torn down. How cool. Existing Tenants had them covered up with ugly orange curtains the first time we checked the place out. bizarre.

Labels: ,

1 Responses to “Day 17”

  1. # Anonymous Anonymous

    Commenty Commenty Commenty! Coffffeeeeeeee..... Gluggity Gluggity.  

Post a Comment



© 2006