Day 18: and only 2 more to go!
0 Comments Published by Oh Wayward One on 25 February 2009 at 2/25/2009 05:03:00 pm.
OK so yesterday's list = finished.
Gym = gymmed
Other blog = blogged
Carpet guy = hounded
On top of that, carpet = done and dusted, being installed on saturday amidst all our UNpacking in the new place. But that's fine by me. I just want as much done as possible before SheofDC comes a knockin on the thursday! And that's going to be hard because there's no weekend (to do stuff) between the moving wknd and when she gets here.
For example, I gotta find some lino for the upstairs bathroom. You can't tile it bc the floors are all wonky warped wood (with existing shocking pink flowery 1950s granny-lino on there already!) If SheofDC sees that crap on there she's gonna puke all over it. And we're gonna attack my house with the wrath of re-decoration while she's here so I don't want the fruits of our labour in the upstairs bathroom to have to rest on a canvas of ugly old pink flowery linoleum. But am I being too optimistic to think that it can be sourced, purchased, and laid in 3 days???
And curtains. I've been losing sleep the last two nights (well that and having intruders trying to break in at 2am last night doesnt help) over CURTAINS! All the windows in the new place are different sizes. There's more of them. Some rooms have 2 sets of windows! AGH! what do I do!?!?!? I can't sleep without total darkness.... and all these things take time.... blast it! And we were going to buy Petra's dining table, but she's in SA til the 10th, so won't be able to pick it up and move it in, meaning I'm without the NICE dining table, and have to make do with the ugly old ghetto one. AGH! It's like the end of the world!!!
Right well anyway I see the writing on the wall. I know what's gonna happen. It's gonna be all-systems-go-meltdown with me in Moving Mode from saturday morning til the sun goes down on Wednesday. Just as well the month of self-betterment will be over then, because there won't be time for anything else. My husband is going to crumble under the psychosis of a woman re-decorating her new nest. I always make fun of him because he only has a certain threshold for the number of hours he can organize, clean, and decorate.... and I dont. I can go all night like a crack addict in these situations. House Nazi.
List for today:
* try and order that shower curtain for SheofDC to deliver to me
* pay for carpet (done)
* write aunt P.
I have to write my Aunt P. because she just delivered the news to me and the rest of the fambly that my very favourite 2nd cousin is getting divorced. We'll call him Uncle Mike. Let's just say that Uncle Mike was hands down, my mentor of coolness growing up. I literally mourned when he got engaged and married to (notwithstanding the fact she is a great girl and i always liked her) his soon-to-be-ex., because I just didnt think that any chick was cool enough for my idol.
Well it looks like it didn't work out after all, even after what, 15 years of marriage. I just wonder what it was - they were such a cute couple and totally in tune with each other and complete like-minded personalities. It's scary. We all thought they were the golden couple. I just don't know what the story is. ~sigh~
All I know today is that i'm celebrating because crazy landlord wench actually just gave us our deposit back. And bought 1500 bucks worth of stuff off me. And no aggro involved. Nice.
Gym = gymmed
Other blog = blogged
Carpet guy = hounded
On top of that, carpet = done and dusted, being installed on saturday amidst all our UNpacking in the new place. But that's fine by me. I just want as much done as possible before SheofDC comes a knockin on the thursday! And that's going to be hard because there's no weekend (to do stuff) between the moving wknd and when she gets here.
For example, I gotta find some lino for the upstairs bathroom. You can't tile it bc the floors are all wonky warped wood (with existing shocking pink flowery 1950s granny-lino on there already!) If SheofDC sees that crap on there she's gonna puke all over it. And we're gonna attack my house with the wrath of re-decoration while she's here so I don't want the fruits of our labour in the upstairs bathroom to have to rest on a canvas of ugly old pink flowery linoleum. But am I being too optimistic to think that it can be sourced, purchased, and laid in 3 days???
And curtains. I've been losing sleep the last two nights (well that and having intruders trying to break in at 2am last night doesnt help) over CURTAINS! All the windows in the new place are different sizes. There's more of them. Some rooms have 2 sets of windows! AGH! what do I do!?!?!? I can't sleep without total darkness.... and all these things take time.... blast it! And we were going to buy Petra's dining table, but she's in SA til the 10th, so won't be able to pick it up and move it in, meaning I'm without the NICE dining table, and have to make do with the ugly old ghetto one. AGH! It's like the end of the world!!!
Right well anyway I see the writing on the wall. I know what's gonna happen. It's gonna be all-systems-go-meltdown with me in Moving Mode from saturday morning til the sun goes down on Wednesday. Just as well the month of self-betterment will be over then, because there won't be time for anything else. My husband is going to crumble under the psychosis of a woman re-decorating her new nest. I always make fun of him because he only has a certain threshold for the number of hours he can organize, clean, and decorate.... and I dont. I can go all night like a crack addict in these situations. House Nazi.
List for today:
* try and order that shower curtain for SheofDC to deliver to me
* pay for carpet (done)
* write aunt P.
I have to write my Aunt P. because she just delivered the news to me and the rest of the fambly that my very favourite 2nd cousin is getting divorced. We'll call him Uncle Mike. Let's just say that Uncle Mike was hands down, my mentor of coolness growing up. I literally mourned when he got engaged and married to (notwithstanding the fact she is a great girl and i always liked her) his soon-to-be-ex., because I just didnt think that any chick was cool enough for my idol.
Well it looks like it didn't work out after all, even after what, 15 years of marriage. I just wonder what it was - they were such a cute couple and totally in tune with each other and complete like-minded personalities. It's scary. We all thought they were the golden couple. I just don't know what the story is. ~sigh~
All I know today is that i'm celebrating because crazy landlord wench actually just gave us our deposit back. And bought 1500 bucks worth of stuff off me. And no aggro involved. Nice.
Labels: mi familia, mis amigos, the bet
0 Responses to “Day 18: and only 2 more to go!”
Post a Comment