User-agent: Googlebot-Blog Disallow: / >

My Year of Meaningful (2011)

"Quality takes you out of yourself, makes you aware of the world around you." - R.M. Pirsig


Day 2

This is hard -
I have to be so fast!! 10am comes so flippin' early!!
And, for example, I also have work stuff i have to do in that time too (like today i have to review 2 reports first thing in the morning) which means my time ticks away and I don't even get to write all the emails I wanted to, or check the goss online, or update my goodreads, etc. Especially since we have to go to the gym at lunch so I can't do it then either! AGH!

But...
on the other hand, it really felt good yesterday to click the big fat X up in the top right corner, and know that I was going to get a buttload of poo accomplished. And I did. It was amazing. and as I told Brandon last night, It wasn't even that hard. Why? Because I knew I just HAD to do it. There was no choice anymore, no room for maneuver, no negotiation. Wow. Things are really easy when that's the deal. It's a wonder more 10 year old children don't get that.
HA!

OK so as for my list yesterday: Done, Done, Done, and Done. All of it done. As for B's clause of "you have to blog about it", well, let's see.

*I bought the groceries at lunch,
*I phoned Dpt. of Wildlife to book the campsites for Easter,
*I bought the toilet & tile cleaner along with the groceries, at lunch
*Since I ran out of time online before leaving for yoga at 4:45, I had to do the moms-bday-pressie online with the retard slow-ass modem at home after dinner.
*I googled seasonal veg in the southern hemisphere during the off-time, as well. (All I really learned was the South African season starts with grapes from December to April while citrus, pears and apples are from March to September. Another big one for me is avocados which are March till September. I was looking for veg but hey, fruit knowledge is good too.)

So yeah, feelings of accomplishment, feelings of achievement, etc.
I only regret not being able to send the odd email when my friends write me (although with this strategy, I don't even KNOW when they write me) but truth be told, there's no reason I can't just do that before 10 and after 4. I've just been spoiling myself in real-time for too long now.

And with that, I've gotta go write Podgey now. He's probably wondering what happened to me. I have a precious half-hour left.

In the meantime, the list for today, so far has only got the following:

- write Podgey
- upload photos from Ubs' going away Saturday (which was fun btw, but now i'm down one BFF)
- Go to gym
- Upload This American Life podcast
- Tell Alan the game plan for easter
- Organize SPCA articles from AP, SK, Kasane, and me.

Labels:

0 Responses to “Day 2”

Post a Comment



© 2006