User-agent: Googlebot-Blog Disallow: / >

My Year of Meaningful (2011)

"Quality takes you out of yourself, makes you aware of the world around you." - R.M. Pirsig


Day 4 - and other stuff b/c my list is too short

OK so yesterday I had a short list, and I completed it. There's not much to blog about regarding the whole 2 things on it (um, I sent the Mr. to the store to get the dish soap while he was there getting smoothie stuff anyway, and Eric & I stopped off at the Gallery to get the big framing job on the way back to the office from our airport audit - it looks great! Photos to come. Oh yeah, the background of that ((I suppose this is what Brandon meant about "do it and blog about it"?)) is that for xmas this year, back in the hometown, my old friend the Tisheroo -who's an amazing graphic designer- had made us a ginormous canvas wall hanging of our corporate logo, all jazzed up with some african landscapes, etc. Once we got it back here, we had to get it mounted so we could hang it up. It's like over 1x1 meters in size.)

Today is also short, but here it is. At lunchtime and I already have several scratched out already:

* pick up new car (done!)
* go running
* go for romantic afternoon coffee with the Mr. after big presentation (done!)
* confirm dinner with the Chinese guys for tomorrow
* edit SPCA articles & compile

Here's the "in other news" part -
We've been watching movies. Burn After Reading, which I thought was great compared to No Country for Old Men, but PLEASE, Coens, can you not just make SOMETHING even HALFWAY comparable to Fargo? Jeez like that's all I ask. Although I have to say (and rarely do I say this) I absolutely LOVED Brad Pitt's character. Gawd, he was hilarious as Chad. I loved, loved, loved it.

Music. I'm really enjoying The Hold Steady's album "Stay Positive". It's just Springsteeny enough to make me rest assured that Rock n Roll is not dead, but not Springsteeny enough to make me gag (I'm not a HUGE Bruce fan). The Mr. is enjoying Sheryl Crow's "Detours" album, and I CAN NOT GET ENOUGH OF Mudcrutch. For those who wouldn't know (because they're not me, i.e. obsessed with Tom Petty) that's Tom Petty's old band from his High School years in Florida, and although they were together for several years, they never released an album. Imagine that - waiting 30-some odd years to release you debut album.

OK well there, that's all I've got. And now with the new self-betterment policy, I'm going to have to try harder to actually think of things other than The Notebook to pontificate. Difficult. Oh, and Brandon: SheofDC is mad at you b/c this whole thing has bumped me off her gchat radar. So take THAT! :D

In the meantime I am still missing a "punishment" for if I fail on my end of the bargain. Help. But technically I think the challenger has to issue it, considering that I came up with the whole "he has to get a landline, if he fails" part of his.

Labels: ,

0 Responses to “Day 4 - and other stuff b/c my list is too short”

Post a Comment



© 2006