User-agent: Googlebot-Blog Disallow: / >

My Year of Meaningful (2011)

"Quality takes you out of yourself, makes you aware of the world around you." - R.M. Pirsig


THE LAST DAY AND CELEBRATION ABOUNDS!

It's unbelievable that I made it through the month. Absofrickin unbelievable.
And unless Brandon has lost a whopping 5lbs in less than 24 hours, all I can say is....
SOMEBODY'S GETTIN' A LANDLINE!!!!

I'm not really even sure what to write here, now, because since I have fulfilled the requirements of THE BET, I technically don't have to write down my notebook list, since I don't *technically* have to do them within 24 hours "and blog about it".

In memory of the Month of Self-Betterment That Was (2009), I thought I'd conclude this with a final list, and a few photos of the powers that be (i.e. my notebook).

List for the weekend and on:
* Go to Mica for plastic cover sheet
* Find lino
* Remind The Mr. to pay BPC & email Doug receipt on monday
* Email Animal Peeps notice to mailing list
and finally, THE BOSS:





You can see how tiny and compact and convenient he is, and believe me I will continue to make use of this handy little tool, and recommend it to others.

However, the "not having to blog about it every 24 hours" thing will be a relief, because not only is it boring as shyte, it's just a pain. I'm lucky I made it through 4 weeks. There were about 2 times that I nearly missed it by either a) not having internet, b) leaving the laptop at work or c) leaving it til the last minute and nearly forgetting.

And as well as Mr. Notebook, I have learned a valuable lesson in this here month of self-betterment. TURN OFF THE DAMN INTERNET BETWEEN 10-4. I have to admit I'm very much considering letting this be an indefinite change in my M-F behaviour. It's hard, especially when you just want to log on and check *one* teeeeeeeeeny tiny little thing on El Interweb, but hey I've gotten a lot done this month (work wise). And having fast 'net at the new place will be helpful too, for handling this stuff after hours.

We'll see.

In the meantime, I'm blowin this joint and heading back to "the old neighbourhood" for one last night sleeping there.... we're sleeping across the street in one of Linda's little cottages on the river. Alan just got up here from Jozi and will be on hand for a braai and revelry in the suburb that was our home for over 2 years... ah nostalgia. Then tomorrow it's up with the sparrow's fart and off to G-village with Mary so that the 4 of us can get stuck in to unpacking and sorting out the new place. YAY! I thought this day would never come!

Photos to come soon!

Labels:

0 Responses to “THE LAST DAY AND CELEBRATION ABOUNDS!”

Post a Comment



© 2006