OK I've lost count of days but I think it's 6.
0 Comments Published by Oh Wayward One on 09 February 2009 at 2/09/2009 03:11:00 pm.
Let's get this out of the way first:
Today
* Groceries
* Find out WTF is wrong with This American Life download (it aint' going)
* Contact B.bush campground for 8 April
* Check up on university course
----
OK back to life.
This weekend was pretty fun. Friday we went out for dinner at the Lantern with the Chinese lads on friday, which was a riot in itself. It always is. They spend a buttload of money on stuffing us, and get drunk off of 3 glasses of wine. Then the guys around here proceed to refer to me as "Miss Jirr" for the next week at least, thereafter.
Saturday we spent in town doing everything. From dropping off the recycles to shopping for I-dont-even-remember-what. Then we came back home, got ready, and then went to a dinner party, one of the large slew of P.'s going-away events that is about ready to start flowing.
This weekend I finally gave in and let the Mr. convince me (finally) that he should step down as Honorable Treasurer for the Animal Peeps this coming fiscal year. I had been denying it and denying it for so long, trying to convince him that these are just the growing pains but that he'll get into the swing of things if he just hangs on, but alas. I think it's terminal. It's just that he gets all cranky and angry when he has to do the accounts, and fair enough, he has to put up with so much CRAP from the committee and them not keeping him in the loop and too many cooks in the kitchen, etc etc., I just don't want it to be something he hates. But that means I'll probably also step down and just continue to volunteer and stay on as editor of the newsletter, but not on the committee. I'm sad about not pushing through, especially since i'm not normally one to let the bastards get me down, but one of the reasons we agreed to be on said committee was because it would be something nice to do together, and, well, hey when one of you is miserable then you're both miserable, and - life, and 2009 are too short. The year of no aggro is underway, I guess.
I give Tropic Thunder 1 and a half thumbs up. It may not have been the laugh-fest I imagined, but it did allow me to realize that my best friend in Ireland looks like Jay Baruchel, which meant it was almost like watching a movie with Podgey - bonus!
And finally, my divine husband has planned what is surely to be the 2nd best valentine's day ever (the first obviously being the one last year when all our mates were here and we went to Madikwe)... we're going away for the weekend to this place. he got a last-minute deal on it, and aside from the fact that they allow children (highly unusual at safari lodges), I think it's going to be fantastic. Maybe even the leopards will be out and about celebrating the big cheesey day. I just can't believe we're making it to Madikwe 2x in 2 years! Normally this place is way out of our budget zone.
I had a dream last night that boggled my mind. It was about someone I have been struggling with coming to terms with either a) giving up on ever talking to again, or b) trying one last time to actually rectify the burnt bridge (which I believe I am the one primarily responsible for). It was so vivid, but in said dream, I was able to finally after 9 years apologize for a bunch of stuff, say everything on my mind, set things straight, and forge ahead. It was so therapeutic it was like a weight off my shoulders for the first time in years. But alas, I woke up and realized that it wasn't real life. Struggle. Struggle....
Today
* Groceries
* Find out WTF is wrong with This American Life download (it aint' going)
* Contact B.bush campground for 8 April
* Check up on university course
----
OK back to life.
This weekend was pretty fun. Friday we went out for dinner at the Lantern with the Chinese lads on friday, which was a riot in itself. It always is. They spend a buttload of money on stuffing us, and get drunk off of 3 glasses of wine. Then the guys around here proceed to refer to me as "Miss Jirr" for the next week at least, thereafter.
Saturday we spent in town doing everything. From dropping off the recycles to shopping for I-dont-even-remember-what. Then we came back home, got ready, and then went to a dinner party, one of the large slew of P.'s going-away events that is about ready to start flowing.
This weekend I finally gave in and let the Mr. convince me (finally) that he should step down as Honorable Treasurer for the Animal Peeps this coming fiscal year. I had been denying it and denying it for so long, trying to convince him that these are just the growing pains but that he'll get into the swing of things if he just hangs on, but alas. I think it's terminal. It's just that he gets all cranky and angry when he has to do the accounts, and fair enough, he has to put up with so much CRAP from the committee and them not keeping him in the loop and too many cooks in the kitchen, etc etc., I just don't want it to be something he hates. But that means I'll probably also step down and just continue to volunteer and stay on as editor of the newsletter, but not on the committee. I'm sad about not pushing through, especially since i'm not normally one to let the bastards get me down, but one of the reasons we agreed to be on said committee was because it would be something nice to do together, and, well, hey when one of you is miserable then you're both miserable, and - life, and 2009 are too short. The year of no aggro is underway, I guess.
I give Tropic Thunder 1 and a half thumbs up. It may not have been the laugh-fest I imagined, but it did allow me to realize that my best friend in Ireland looks like Jay Baruchel, which meant it was almost like watching a movie with Podgey - bonus!
And finally, my divine husband has planned what is surely to be the 2nd best valentine's day ever (the first obviously being the one last year when all our mates were here and we went to Madikwe)... we're going away for the weekend to this place. he got a last-minute deal on it, and aside from the fact that they allow children (highly unusual at safari lodges), I think it's going to be fantastic. Maybe even the leopards will be out and about celebrating the big cheesey day. I just can't believe we're making it to Madikwe 2x in 2 years! Normally this place is way out of our budget zone.
I had a dream last night that boggled my mind. It was about someone I have been struggling with coming to terms with either a) giving up on ever talking to again, or b) trying one last time to actually rectify the burnt bridge (which I believe I am the one primarily responsible for). It was so vivid, but in said dream, I was able to finally after 9 years apologize for a bunch of stuff, say everything on my mind, set things straight, and forge ahead. It was so therapeutic it was like a weight off my shoulders for the first time in years. But alas, I woke up and realized that it wasn't real life. Struggle. Struggle....
Labels: animal peeps, mis amigos, the bet
0 Responses to “OK I've lost count of days but I think it's 6.”
Post a Comment