User-agent: Googlebot-Blog Disallow: / >

My Year of Meaningful (2011)

"Quality takes you out of yourself, makes you aware of the world around you." - R.M. Pirsig


potentially lethal weekend ahead

I just don't know what to do with myself! Overbooked! Underpaid! Through the rabbit hole! This is officially no longer the "silly season" it's the "freakin ridiculous season"!!!

Starting off today, I am supposed to be working at home but I REALLY need to go buy some presents. Then the Gourmet Girls (cooking club) is at my house tonight and I have to get stuff prepared! Of course this will involve copious amounts of wine which will probably affect my sleep as usual and I will be wrecked tomorrow, when The Mr. and I have to set out the Christmas hash in the morning, for the big run in the evening followed by the big party where I have to dress up in my North Pole elfin glory again and lead songs! And have boys sit on my lap! And drink more copious amounts of wine! Redundantical, I know!

Then the next day is Sinterklaas for the G-village 6 (Myself & The Mr., Jac & Mar, and Doc & Mrs Doc) which will involve feasting and gift exchanging and... go ahead and solve the mystery of what will be drunk in what amount... that's right, copious amounts of wine!! It's a shame we're all within walking distance of each other's driveways because otherwise I would probably use Sunday as a good excuse to "be the designated driver" and get some time off of liquid consumption. But alas it is not to be and I will just have to soldier through the fun and holiday merriment and make sure I up my water intake by 400%. A few Berocca wouldn't hurt either.

I am such a mainstream parent it is ridiclical. I am pretty sure my 19-month old is the only one on the planet with chores. But we've started making her feed the dogs every night. Responsibility and care-taking and all that. It's also something she likes to do because it involves dumping a can of something into a recepticle of some kind. Par-tay!

I still can't believe she's going to pre-school in January. It's really only just now hitting me, but we finally made the decision on which place, yesterday. She'll start with a 1/2 day until she's a bit older and then one of the good things about the place we decided on is that they have an all-day option, so she doesn't have to switch schools when she's old enough to go til 5. Bye-bye days of working from home and the peace, tranquility, bird-chirping and solitude of G-village mornings out my window every other day. :( Well ok, we'll still alternate every-other-day 1pm pickup/afternoons at home but it just won't be the same. An era really is over. Sad. But LJJ is ready to spread her wings and get out there with the other little people. My days at playgroup didn't last long (we went what, 7 times?) because quite frankly I felt that it SUCKED, and we're both too busy to enroll her & cart her around to proper extracirricular little-people activities like Kindermusik and what not. So nursery school it is. The one we picked is great, I think. While most of my friends with kids send theirs to the sister-school to this one on the complete opposite side of town, we're going with this one because logistically there's just no way we can get her to that other one every morning through traffic and all the urban nonsense. It's just not worth it. This one has the same management and philosophy and offers the same programmes etc etc etc. AND even though it's older and a little bit more crowded, it's closer to us. So she'll just have to make a whole lot of new friends. oh, there is a petting zoo there with goats and chickens and bunnies, so enough said! :)

Note to self to slow down as much as possible and enjoy this final & last month of this era that was being a work-at-home-every-other-day-moms. It's fading fast!

I don't remember what else I was going to write about so I'll leave it here and start gearing up for the massive weekend ahead!

Labels:

0 Responses to “potentially lethal weekend ahead”

Post a Comment



© 2006